Where's the Experimental room???

geocubic

Surfing the Zuruya
Reaction score
I've been wondering where all the crazy music is in london?? i've been living here almost 3 years and going to great parties all along but have noticed a serious lack of an experimental stage.. Don't get me wrong there is an amazing arey of high quality psy-trance sounds here but NO CRAZY ones...

Places like Australia, Belguim, Finland etc have embraced it and there are festivals devoted completly to it...

I would love to see Artists such as Loopus is Fabula, Texas Faggott, and Jambo playing live in our our little town of London...

Does anyone else feel this way??? and if so i urge party organisers to take a risk and create an experimental room at one of your parties instead of a progressive one and see how it goes, as in my opinion its so much fun.....

love and light

Geo

:jump:

More bloody genres :o
I am scared of the word "experimental" because I think "cocophony". Feel free to educate me otherwise? Unless you mean psy-drum'n'bass or psy-breaks, which are completely awesome if they're like ZubZub at Clockwork Prism.

Texas Faggot have played in the UK, one of the best live acts I've seen. They played in 2000 or 2001, can't remember, have the flyer some where :Wink3: :peace:

yup, agree with all this -- loopus is among the best i've seen live, utterly rocked it in melbourne but they seem to have more of a place for that music over there. the whole gi'iwa, neuron compost, syzmix stuff rules over there.

would love for a promoter to bring loopus out -- he's only in italy, and cheap as chips :Grin:

personally i think that this sort of music only really works outdoors; it's all abit too much in a confined space :Wink3:

I aggree i think it can definatly work in doors.......

I have the creator of Giwa coming to stay with me at the begining of april, lets get a crazy evening going....

geocubic said:
I've been wondering where all the crazy music is in london?? i've been living here almost 3 years and going to great parties all along but have noticed a serious lack of an experimental stage.. Don't get me wrong there is an amazing arey of high quality psy-trance sounds here but NO CRAZY ones...

Well, the Collective Futures party last September had a pretty crazy stage entitled: "The Magic Carpet Ride & The Pyrimid Of Infinate Possibilites
(freeform creativity experiment & live jam)".

While the music was acoustic and not electronic, I thought some of the stuff coming out of the room was pretty cool. If you want to recreate the craziness at another party, just follow my simple instructions:

It seemed to me that you just need to dump a load of things that makes noise when you hit them and some hippies into an old squash court.

Then just add water (with acid dissolved in)!

:wizard1:

Go to non psytrance parties.

Ther is music eing played every weekend which will defie your sexual orientation and bend your synapses.

Some promoter, somewhere in this country, I don't care where, I can travel, please book Loopus.

:bananada: Loopus In Fabula! :bananada:

Haltya and Squaremeat are really wacky. Have they ever played in the UK?

Don't think so, could be wrong, how but some Rip Van Hippy while we're at it :peace:

Back