Who is Skazi and why'd all hate him/her?

Technognome

Professor of Ecognomics
Reaction score
I think for some people it's just a bit of harmless ribbing of a successfull musician.

Others do seem to take it to far or don't get the joke.

But I could be wrong! :rolleyes:

Killaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar! :rocker:

PHLUR :sun:

Edit to say the rolleyes smilie isn't as good as it used to be :Sad:

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
i didn't really have a problem with the guy (apart from somewhat disagreeing with his taste in trance), until i saw the out of space video. (theres a link to it round here somewhere)

the prodigy's out of space is one of my most favourite tunes, and skazi has made this appalling hard house remix which he then pretends is psytrance and plays to a huge crowd whilst poncing about on stage like a twat.

i'm sure if he was involved in a more mainstream scene it would all be fine, but i've always been under the impression that the whole psytrance thing wasn't about being a mega rock star and writing shite commercial sellout music...

moodog

Junior Members
Reaction score
evilwill said:
i've always been under the impression that the whole psytrance thing wasn't about being a mega rock star QUOTE]

I take it you haven't seen Talamasca live

:rocker:

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
moodog said:
evilwill said:
i've always been under the impression that the whole psytrance thing wasn't about being a mega rock star
I take it you haven't seen Talamasca live

:rocker:
Talamasca still puts out the occasional decent tune though...

J.

bio_vrelle

Pleiadian/ Traumatik Aura
Reaction score
hello Miszt all right m8..
skazi are Asher Swissa and Assaf Bivas ,from israel they are ``psystar`s``the first album came out in september 2000 and yeah it was good (i liked it ) but today is music still the same bass lines and the same synth`s etc... 4 me today they comercial 100% and i really dont like of comercial stuff at all ... i dont have nothing against no body but skazi music really suck`s 4 me but loads of people like it worldwide is some kind of coca-cola of the new era of psytrance... Chemical Crew (skazi,exaile,void,tube etc,etc...) is a big money factory and there is nothing of undergound in there but that is something that i dont think that is the real psy-culture or psylosophy, that dont have nothing to do with the old school , some people like it some people dont... in portugal i saw thing`s like fake live act`s from skazi ,infected mushrooms , gms bla bla ... so welcome to the new p$ytrance era (but there is allways the underground)

Assaf Biva Asher Swissa

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
hard house remix
Firstly, dont even thhhhhink about calling that out of space tune hard house, I happen to like hard house, I know theres allot of crap hard house around, but therez also so fuking kool hard house around. So :p And that choon is NOT hard house.

those who think hard house is a viable expression for underground music.
Well, not allot I can say to a statment like that really. Pretty much sum's up all the bullshit snobbery that is found in the wonderfully open minded world of Psy-Trance.

I find it so weird that someone can be hated just for being popular, and thats what it comes down to. Is it really so bad to like somthing that so many other people like? You dont have to listen to unpopular music to be kool.

shite commercial sellout music...
All this crap about selling out, well yeah whatever. Thats somthing I am so bored of hearing, every genre that I have been through.

Glad we cleared that up. Jelousy it seems, and a compulsive urge by people to not want to be part of somthing that just isnt 'underground enough'.

Admin maybe you should close this thread before it turns into just another 'I hate Skazi coz he's more popular than me thread'

:p pantz to it all! Just smile and stomp to the muzik, who cares whoz on stage? pfft

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
Thankz for that reply Bio_vrelle.......thatz the sort of answer I was looking for, but as I expected it wasnt the first answer I got

hello Miszt all right m8..
skazi are Asher Swissa and Assaf Bivas ,from israel they are ``psystar`s``the first album came out in september 2000 and yeah it was good (i liked it ) but today is music still the same bass lines and the same synth`s etc... 4 me today they comercial 100% and i really dont like of comercial stuff at all ... i dont have nothing against no body but skazi music really suck`s 4 me but loads of people like it worldwide is some kind of coca-cola of the new era of psytrance... Chemical Crew (skazi,exaile,void,tube etc,etc...) is a big money factory and there is nothing of undergound in there but that is something that i dont think that is the real psy-culture or psylosophy, that dont have nothing to do with the old school , some people like it some people dont... in portugal i saw thing`s like fake live act`s from skazi ,infected mushrooms , gms bla bla ... so welcome to the new p$ytrance era (but there is allways the underground)

Assaf Biva Asher Swissa
I find it hard to understand why people would complain about 'sell-outs', after all, no-one is forcing people to buy the tickets, and therez plenty more free stuff around :Wink3:

fake live act`s from skazi ,infected mushrooms
Thatz just crappy, really hate when people do this, that desrvez a slagging off I think. Was it some people pretending to be them, or they where just pretending to play live?

bio_vrelle

Pleiadian/ Traumatik Aura
Reaction score

(jack)

Reaction score
I enjoy fucking loathing Skazi, thanks.

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
miszt said:
I find it hard to understand why people would complain about 'sell-outs', after all, no-one is forcing people to buy the tickets, and therez plenty more free stuff around :Wink3:
Less and less free stuff around these days, as the police use powers that are meant to stymie social unrest and prevent terror to stop people from having a good time. :Sad:

The world would be a really boring place if only the wealthiest, most popular acts got to play all the time... and that's the way it's heading.

Having said that, I met the Skazi guys at/after they played Symbiosis and as far as I could tell they didn't lord it over anyone else...

Doesn't stop the most recent music from sucking hard though.

J.

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
basically its cause his music is fuckin wank, he's a joke wannabe rock star, and this is psyforum

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
miszt said:
Firstly, dont even thhhhhink about calling that out of space tune hard house, I happen to like hard house, I know theres allot of crap hard house around, but therez also so fuking kool hard house around. So :p And that choon is NOT hard house.
i was using the term 'hard house' as an insult, for which i apologise. i don't know the first thing about hard house and if you like it then fair enough. rephrase to say that the out of space remix is basically some shite commercial bad dance remix of a tune i love.

miszt said:
All this crap about selling out, well yeah whatever. Thats somthing I am so bored of hearing, every genre that I have been through.

Glad we cleared that up. Jelousy it seems, and a compulsive urge by people to not want to be part of somthing that just isnt 'underground enough'.

Admin maybe you should close this thread before it turns into just another 'I hate Skazi coz he's more popular than me thread'
godammit! talk about missing the point... i wondered if i'd get accused of being jealous of skazi for my post! can you please accept that i dont like skazi cos his music is shite? more to the point because his music is shite and hugely successful and therefore held up as an example of what psytrance is all about. seriously, belive me that if he was making really good psytrance he could make as much money as he wanted and it wouldn't bother me, and to a certain extent he could act how he wanted and it wouldn't matter. in fact i'd be buying and recommending his music and going to his gigs.

miszt said:
:p pantz to it all! Just smile and stomp to the muzik, who cares whoz on stage? pfft
me! i care quite a lot whos on stage... for some reason clubbing for me has always been a lot about the music (why i dont go to hardhouse nights mate :p ) and even within one genre like psytrance theres a huge amount of different music, some of which i absolutely love, and some of which i find really quite shite. if i was at a night where they played that skazi out of space remix id have to be on some *very* good substances to not walk out and find a different room!

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
I'll admit that I'm angry that Skazi is so prominent in the scene.

I'm not jealous of them, but certainly, it angers me that when so many talented people are trying to break into the scene those muppets are releasing utter drivel . If you or I were to write a track in the same vein as some of theirs, I doubt strongly we'd get released. 'Outta Space' is one on a very long list. Success like that I can live without.

Ask yourself this - If you had done what Skazi had done, could you live with yourself?

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
Speakafreaka said:
I'm not jealous of them, but certainly, it angers me that when so many talented people are trying to break into the scene those muppets are releasing utter drivel .
exactly.

it annoys me slightly when people decide that is jealousy - it kind of implies that you'd have wanted to produce that out of space remix! :Wink3:

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score