Who makes Electro?

Reaction score
ive done lotsa work on real electro ie Ant Rothers @PsiCity and also electroclash like the hacker out here in LA, its still quite a popular club genre here so id say almost half of my freelance jobs have been for artists in this genre. I do like the german style analogue workouts but the 'clash has to be really good to get me excited, like fischerspooners first album ...there has never and will never be anything that can top that album in that genre...i did have a prject called Tin Man which was elctroproggy druggy house, had a few releases but got bored with it hehe...also Miis Kitten vs Godenboy is a great cd....

DJJD

Piechedelic
Reaction score
Check out what Trigger UK are putting out at the moment - highest qwality ElectroBreaks. (Si begg, Jnr Hacksaw, Tipper, Sons of Mecha & Law Giverz all signed up)

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
RAH said:
ermm.. i'm not even sure where would i place them, but mouse on mars and plaid are not electro. Not the old school kind, the new kind nor the future kind... :iwink:

who made you the genre police then eh? :Wink3:

what would you define as electro then? i've always thought of electro as plinky synth noises and breakbeaty (well at least not four to the floor) beats, usually done with oldskool drum machines...

i'm quite prepared to be wrong about that though :green:

Reaction score
evilwill said:
who made you the genre police then eh? :Wink3:

what would you define as electro then? i've always thought of electro as plinky synth noises and breakbeaty (well at least not four to the floor) beats, usually done with oldskool drum machines...

i'm quite prepared to be wrong about that though :green:
electro originally was b-boy music and had a massive influence over rap and hiphop, with the first rap records sampling from German synth/electro acts like Kraftwerk. during th 80s, most pop music was electro tinged in some way Berlin, Depeche Mode New Order etc..after 2000 a revial was underway with waaay too many Blue Mondy remixes showing up and this media created genre called ElectroClash aka, synthpop, techpop, nouveu electro. There is also a more serious new electro movoment witch is more breakbeat orientated, DJJD mentioned it artists like Tipper but I reckon Ms Mamba is taliking about the electroclash, which is cheeky, sleazy with lots of 80s arp influences and a touch of the gay...

DJJD

Piechedelic
Reaction score
cameron-nagualsound said:
electro originally was b-boy music and had a massive influence over rap and hiphop, with the first rap records sampling from German synth/electro acts like Kraftwerk. during th 80s, most pop music was electro tinged in some way Berlin, Depeche Mode New Order etc..after 2000 a revial was underway with waaay too many Blue Mondy remixes showing up and this media created genre called ElectroClash aka, synthpop, techpop, nouveu electro. There is also a more serious new electro movoment witch is more breakbeat orientated, DJJD mentioned it artists like Tipper but I reckon Ms Mamba is taliking about the electroclash, which is cheeky, sleazy with lots of 80s arp influences and a touch of the gay...

Yeah Cameron! Also the 90's-now sort of Electro Boogie scene the electro of today was born out of; Auxilliary '88 :wub: Dave Clarke, Space Invaders on grass, Denki Groove, Westbam, DJ Unknown, DJ Assault, Alien FM, Dopplereffekt, Underground Resistance = All these producers do the ace, full on, sci fi fantasy, pisstaking fun booty electro I :wub: to bits. Puts me in a fun headspace like psytrance. Goooooooood stuffff!

josh

marathon solo-sessionahoy
Reaction score
:dit:

Have just had a load of cds through the door actually - im finding the elctro genre to be almost parallel now with the psygenre in the craziness & weirdness of its sounds

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
cameron-nagualsound said:
but I reckon Ms Mamba is taliking about the electroclash, which is cheeky, sleazy with lots of 80s arp influences and a touch of the gay...

yeah think thats more what i was thinking of... anyways it all gets very blurred with electronic music that doesn't fit into one of the more obvious genres like trance, house, dnb etc. i've got many mp3s in my 'strange electronic stuff' folder :green:

DJJD said:
Yeah Cameron! Also the 90's-now sort of Electro Boogie scene the electro of today was born out of; Auxilliary '88 :wub: Dave Clarke, Space Invaders on grass, Denki Groove, Westbam, DJ Unknown, DJ Assault, Alien FM, Dopplereffekt, Underground Resistance = All these producers do the ace, full on, sci fi fantasy, pisstaking fun booty electro I :wub: to bits. Puts me in a fun headspace like psytrance. Goooooooood stuffff!
whats that space invaders are smoking grass tune? cool song that is...

edit: heheheh, just found it in my strange electronic stuff folder :Grin:

DJJD

Piechedelic
Reaction score
josh said:
:dit:

Have just had a load of cds through the door actually - im finding the elctro genre to be almost parallel now with the psygenre in the craziness & weirdness of its sounds

True Josh... Go hand in hand for me. Good times and that
Love the SciFi electro styles well amusing the images it puts into my head.

"We are now handing control of your television sets back to you, do not attempt to change the dial, do not attempt to change the volume, do not attempt to change the frequency, do not attempt to change the bass"

Evilwill said:
whats that space invaders are smoking grass tune? cool song that is...
hehehe not listened for years have to dig it out later. :Smile3: