Who makes Electro?

Do you mean electronica?

I had a crack at making some electro ages ago varying from pure synthy jon Jean Michel Jarre 70s stuff to 80s Oh checkout those synth drum sounds type stuff. Production was crap though. As I said it was ages ago.

Well if you dont know what electro is, or know who Miss Kittin is, you properbly dont make electro :Smile3:
if anybody do make electro, they will know what it is, hopefully, hehe.
But like Pop and trance, electro is a genre. There is alot of diffrent style of electro.

Psyfi': No i wouldten class this as Electro. More like, down beat.

I'm telling you, Electro was the hip-hop break-dancing/body-popping music from the mid 80's!

I was there - I remember it well.

So - I've decided that I'm making this brand new style of music that I'm calling 'disco'.

Anyone here making 'disco'?

:P

Make another topic then. I didnt make this topic to have silly arguments with you purusha. I made this to see if there would be any potential collaborations.
Not to have Genre-discussions. which is very very silly, since everything is mixed together.

nother example would be goldfrapp.
miss kitin rocks - "daddy, can i go out and hunt tonight - cos i feel, i feel like taking a life!"

Silly argument?

Who's arguing?

Just pointing out that the term 'Electro' was coined in the 80's.

Now it may have been re-used, but not sure why it would be a surprise if some of us who know what it originally was would be a tad confused...

Maybe you should look it up then chris.....find out what electro is nowadays. obviously she wasn't asking who makes/made electro in the 80's, so why bother posting? There's a few websites about the genre you know :Wink3:

I'm aware that there's a new 'electro'. I have been introduced to it.

I'm not being serious here and you should know that Will.

I just find it amusing that the term has been re-appropriated.

I still get uppatie about rythem and blues. Where is the blues?
Never mind.
Not up for a Psy-Electro infusion then?

If it's an appropriate point of discussion here (and this isn't criticising or even attempting to poke fun or anything this time).

Is it really an evolved old-style electro? The stuff someone ran past me didn't sound directly linked to old-school 80's electro, although you could argue that that old style influenced dance music that followed.

The guy who played me the stuff did run names past me, but I don't think Miss Kitten was one of them.

That should be a legitimate question / point of discussion for this thread I hope?

Follow the link on page one that chris posted....you'll see O.V.N.I has already done it (Psy-Electro).

Back