Who needs money then?

A

Andrea

Sorry to bring it back again. It was discussed in the general discussion section last week with the thread started by Damion, about sending money to New Orleans and the gulf coast in the States.

Just bumped into this article on the BBC News and made me think about who really needs help in this planet.

Now, would you send money to the Katrina victims, who have a wealthy government who will hopefully take care of them sooner or later or would you rather send contributions to the poor victims of a poor country who everyone seem to have forgotten about, that includes me as well BTW, I forgot about them too :sad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/05/americas_one_year_after_haiti0s_floods/html/1.stm

Me, I would keep the money myself, and spend it on the revolution!

UVFi

Forum Member
tbh - the countries most in need of aid dont need MONEY! they need stuff, like food and clothing and school equiptment... giving a very poor country money often gets them more in debt to the banks and building societies that keep them there in the first place, in many cases the governments keep all the money and the people still starve...

to end third world cruelty we need to take the power away from the powerful... this would be best achieved by sending products and stuff over, like action aid do

moneys not the issue, lives are x

erin-mya

floatin barefoot fairy!
UVFi said:
tbh - the countries most in need of aid dont need MONEY! they need stuff, like food and clothing and school equiptment... giving a very poor country money often gets them more in debt to the banks and building societies that keep them there in the first place, in many cases the governments keep all the money and the people still starve...

to end third world cruelty we need to take the power away from the powerful... this would be best achieved by sending products and stuff over, like action aid do

moneys not the issue, lives are x

:isad:

fi's right, the people need stuff , never quite sure how much of the money they recieve, they need help in building up trade etc......

i wish i wasn't so bloody skint, then i'd try more to help...my fiver a month will av to do for now.

you're right tho most people do forget about all this terrible stuff but peeps tend to stay in their own little bubble , myself included sometimes ,u don't really know untill u see it with ur own eyes...then it's like oh fuck

i think in the words of tesco's ' every little helps'....surely doesn't it????

i hope so xx:iredface: