Women singing not folk

That, is the pinnacle of female singing, as far as I am concerned....

But, I'm a bit fan of Katie Melua...
''Call off the search'' is an outstanding album.
Can't think of much that is better produced.
(Those strings vs piano tho...)

I have some catching up to do - Dendrite was on a mission, eh?!

OK, so post-party recovery day two amounted to girls' night in - first up, Margo Timmins. I don't really know any of the band's other stuff, but The Trinity Sessions has been a forever album ever since I first heard their cover of Sweet Jane on the OST of Natural Born Killers in 1990-something. The record itself is 1980-something and was recorded live in an old church.

Random bargain bin purchase from Our Price, also in the 90s. :lol: Again, I'm not really on board with much of her other material, a duet with k.d. lang aside (bit of a cheesefest, but their voices blend so beautifully, I hardly care), nor most jazz for that matter. However, this is a lovely album, though best experienced as a whole when infused to make the most of its stream-of-consciousness vibe. On a different day, I could have chosen the open title track or the heart-breaking, labyrinthine Oh My My, but today you're getting this one.

Can't really call myself of Emmylou fan particularly, but the first time I heard this, it was goosebump city. I really am a complete sucker for big reverbs. Also, I like the bluesey undertones even though it is not blues and how that voice sounds like it is actually coming from a deeper well (of understanding/feeling/expression/whatever - you get me, though).

Aw, this is such a choon - not heard it in yonks. Altogether now, "Fascist baybeeeeeee..." :Wub:

I'm also with you and the big man re. Karen, Lizzo and Poly. Babes, all of them!

That's awesome. The other one I really liked from new-to-me stuff was the cheeky Christine and the Queens track DT posted, but he isn't here, so quote's on you.

But, I'm a bit fan of Katie Melua...
''Call off the search'' is an outstanding album.
One of my close mates has a total thing for her, but we part ways on this one. Maybe I never quite recovered from wanting to smash things every time I heard the song that starts, "This is the closest thing to crazy I have ever been", though not for want of trying - I really trust his taste - but honestly, I just don't get it.

ANYWAY. I just thought of another 90s special for 2much2young - played this tonight as well. B'DDOOOOOOOOOMMM

Me too....but first and foremost, think she's a brill artist :Smile3:

Plus - Not trusting my own judgement at the mo' cos....you know... month locked down alone n that
I am totally not above crushes on artists. The latest was All Them Witches. All of them. :lol: *cough*secondKEXPperformance*cough* I just can't hear that voice without flashing back to "crazy" rage, kinda like the opposite of an instant gusher. In reality, I am sure she is delightful.

Listening to this has just inspired me to do something, I was going to abandon.

Thank you.

Oh! Well, whatever it was, nee botha. Have we had Bat for Lashes yet? Still pretty soft on the second album, revisited last night.

Did I ever, at any point, mention I have a thing for bubble-gum-Rock?

...later...

...and the originator, as far as I'm concerned...

Plus...she can REALLY sing... (better examples of her singing that are more recent, but I lost track of her after a point - some of it was a bit too "Celine Dion"

Back