Woodland

jackus

headancer of mothership
Reaction score
Check out www.woodland.co.uk for some seriously beautiful woodland in case anyone fancies buying some land that could be used for outside parties in the not too distant future...

jacks

another site which has an amalgamation of various woodland sellers. :Smile3:

Thanks for posting that jackus. I think its www.woodlands.co.uk with an s.

Wouldn't it be lovely......how big is an acre - is it half a football pitch? I am sure theres lots of other use's for a site - such as doing off lead training/exercising with dogs with behavioural issues or horse riding.

Ah well, I can dream.

all things are measured in football pitches or double decker buses!

Poncho, I have to differ with that remark.. ants are not measured that way!

Woodland for sale in Dorset right now..be lovely to have a few grand kicking around wouldn't it :-(

Vanilla Penguin said:
Poncho, I have to differ with that remark.. ants are not measured that way!

Woodland for sale in Dorset right now..be lovely to have a few grand kicking around wouldn't it :-(

and the width of a human hair! Ants are measured that way...

has anybody got one? if so can you have parties on it? i have heard friends talk about this here and there and think it is a great idea. - people should get together and have a communial/collective one. start rasing money - something like a blue-peter fund kinda thing
- the glade peeps should look to buy a site then they can have the music as loud as they want.
- what would the rules be bout havin a party on your bit of wood. i imagine that the nextdoor neighbours might complain if they come down for some squirrel watchin and there is some dreadlocked kid havin a shite behing one of their Oak trees...
but if i had a spare 5/10 G then that is wot i would get.

Woodland has been an ongoing discussion on the Frog forum. Jason had an idea about a "Land Fund". How far along it got I dont know, but as time passed Jason found out more and more about the law and aparently its not as straight forward to "club together" and buy up some land; there has to be a comittee or something

I was in discussion with the land buying possibility with Jason and others late last year when I was looking at the 22 bed youth hostel for sale in Wales. I have since still been on the lookout for potential land and property purchases but realise that nothing can progress until a concrete working group is formed and any interested parties create some contact means to aid progression. diggers and dwellers website is very useful on what is needed in terms of the "committee" or formed collective needed and offer much advice on loans, mortgages, etc, which I am willing to follow up. I am also willing to initiate the whole project but need backing and people to work with. There are three things I am interested in: a piece of land for parties that has permission; a space for a psychedelic community to set up a sustainable income from ie building and land; an eventual (by 2012...) self sustaining village. I like to think big and idealistically, please excuse my naivety, but buzz off my total determination to assist in changing the way we live during my lifetime if possible.

Jackie

Back