Top 10 Worst Five Sets of all time

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
1. Alien Project @ Samothraki 2003 - i thought Alien Project was fookin amazing until i saw him in greece. fuckin wank.

2. Raja Ram @ Glastonbury 2004 - after standing on stage with shpongle, occasionally bashing an unpowered keyboard while mimicking into a wireless microphone (though it wasnt a wireless mic), Ram then proceeds to take the decks. actually mixed one, maybe two tunes, all tunes we've heard a million times.

3. 1200 Mics @ Stratford Rex - 2002(?) - just plain crap.

4. Me @ My Bedroom - 2001 - my brother entered my room only to find me in boxer shorts jumping around while mixing on AtoMix on my computer.

5. i'm sure i'll think of it soon

Ozric

Hoofaloof
Reaction score
Skazi/Eskimo/Void comedy genius at Full Moon 05

All was:

:party2:
Went like:

:crazy:

Felt like:

:mallet:

Ended up in:
:cryingwit

Drat Mafia

Total Member
Reaction score
1. Ticon @ EQ, worst sounds system, couldnt hear a thing
2. Raja Ram @ EQ (also, hmm...) after X-Dream...opened with seek and destroy...wanted to punch him, had to be restrained :Smile3:
3. Eskimo @ glade 2005...all i could see was junya having fun, couldn't actually hear why...(probably a good thing...)

but this is way too 'negative' man...shanti shanti

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
did anyone see chicago at boom? (i think it was chicago at boom anyway) i didn't, so i can't really comment, but i've heard some amusing reports...

Crispy

Fried for too long
Reaction score
yup it was tragic... i also heard chicago was then the extra special secret guest to finnish the freedom festival as well..... ahahahahahahahah my god i think i would have killed myself there and then...
thought tikal at sonica were a bit whack.
IM at sonica = gash
cant think of anyothers, I usualy leave the dancefloor if it gets shit and erase event from mind!

Psy Commando

Speaker Freakers
Reaction score
Drat Mafia said:
1. Ticon @ EQ, worst sounds system, couldnt hear a thing
2. Raja Ram @ EQ (also, hmm...) after X-Dream...opened with seek and destroy...wanted to punch him, had to be restrained :Smile3:
3. Eskimo @ glade 2005...all i could see was junya having fun, couldn't actually hear why...(probably a good thing...)

but this is way too 'negative' man...shanti shanti
Ticon @ EQ was cool, I couldn't hear nothing wrong with them!!! :Grin:

mad ron

Reaction score
Chris organic @ Tsunami benefit: Warming up the night with Voodoo people remix at 11.00

Neurobiotic Allstars @ Sonica: The end of 3 heavy days. Tristan had reached a level of fairly moving trance out and the vibe had finally recovered after the terrible israeli dross earlier on. So the big boys took to the decks to trawl through all the "Killler tracks" that we had already heard 20 times that week. Well done guys you are (the) shit.

John Ohm @ Glade 2004: More booze John? Why not play that track for a third time eh?

Greg Zogg @ the last synergy project: Was he on crystal meth? Even the worst music in the world has ironic value but this was sincerely bad.

Me @ Acid Burn 2001: he CD decks broke down and I mixed X-dream into oliver lieb into atmos. Shame on me.

NOT mentionng any names but there should be a number of further entries
that seem to fall into two categories:
a) overly self publicising yet boring live acts.
b) People who play bad "dark psy" when the sun is shining and everyone is feeling loved up.

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
Fromem_Ory said:
2. Raja Ram @ Glastonbury 2004 - after standing on stage with shpongle, occasionally bashing an unpowered keyboard while mimicking into a wireless microphone (though it wasnt a wireless mic), Ram then proceeds to take the decks. actually mixed one, maybe two tunes, all tunes we've heard a million times.
:irofl: Hit that Keyboard Raja, errmmmm didn't you forget something called cables!

Exacty the same on the Solstice DVD, playing the biggest Shpongle gig ever in Japan, The soundsystem is worth more than the crown jewels, the soundsystem engineers collectivley have more knowledge than Einstein, Michele is on live vox, live orchestral parts, live drums, OTT is helping on the mixing, Simon has been locked in a cupboard for two years preparing the set, and Raja and Chicago turn up take all the e's and bang the keyboards they forgot to plug in, well done oldie crew, what a talented pair..... Class....

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
Reaction score
Raja and Chicago were the same when I saw them with 1200 mics at the Solstice outdoor party this year, raja on what looked like a micro korg without any cables, and chicago on some unmiked bongos, and occasionaly screaming "Aaaaaaciiiid" down a mic (hey that bit was live). Everyone knew they weren't doing anything, and it was all quite hilarious. Quality entertainment!

Pocket Fluff

Reaction score
John Ohm (Glade 2004/Omniscience club night) - These are without a doubt, the two worst 'psy' DJ sets I have ever seen. He wasn't just playing AWFUL tunes, he had the pitch on 0% the whole time and didn't make one real mix...how could this guy be responsible for half of Green Ohms?? :no:

Exile (Kaos, SE1) - Me and my mate Tim walked into the main room to meet an Exile remix of Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit....says it all.

Can't really name anymore without being very rude so I think I'll leave it there!!

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
Psilocybo said:
John Ohm (Glade 2004/Omniscience club night) - These are without a doubt, the two worst 'psy' DJ sets I have ever seen. He wasn't just playing AWFUL tunes, he had the pitch on 0% the whole time and didn't make one real mix...how could this guy be responsible for half of Green Ohms?? :no:
Maybe Dick put in alot of work :Wink3:

D

dave arc-i

for sheer comedy value john ottway falling off stage with a microphone stuck in his mouth

neurobiotic

Junior Members
Reaction score
mad ron said:
Chris organic @ Tsunami benefit: Warming up the night with Voodoo people remix at 11.00

Neurobiotic Allstars @ Sonica: The end of 3 heavy days. Tristan had reached a level of fairly moving trance out and the vibe had finally recovered after the terrible israeli dross earlier on. So the big boys took to the decks to trawl through all the "Killler tracks" that we had already heard 20 times that week. Well done guys you are (the) shit.

John Ohm @ Glade 2004: More booze John? Why not play that track for a third time eh?

Greg Zogg @ the last synergy project: Was he on crystal meth? Even the worst music in the world has ironic value but this was sincerely bad.

Me @ Acid Burn 2001: he CD decks broke down and I mixed X-dream into oliver lieb into atmos. Shame on me.

NOT mentionng any names but there should be a number of further entries
that seem to fall into two categories:
a) overly self publicising yet boring live acts.
b) People who play bad "dark psy" when the sun is shining and everyone is feeling loved up.

Well.. after Sonica finished no one from Neurobiotic played! Actually we were all fucked up (myself being the first one!).
Max and Mauri from Etnica played one hour back to back then Wrecked Machines and Domestic finished with a back to back dj set...

mad ron

Reaction score
I see what you are saying Edo. You're not getting out of it that easily.

Clearly memory loss on your part. Don't you remeber coming on straight after tristan and playing four straight GMS tunes while shouting some kind of bizarre rap into a microphone. I have a video of it if you don't believe me.

I thought etnica at night was one of the best sets of the festival but for some reason they seemed to have had a trancectomy before that closing set.

neurobiotic

Junior Members
Reaction score
Ahah
well when I read "Well done guys you are (the) shit." I feel I have to say something :Wink3:
If you have a video of that, please send me... maybe I was so fucked up I don't remember I played after tristan, but I don't think so! :Grin: Maybe was me playing some GMS shite and my girlfriend singing on the mic? We always do it at home but I don't think we did it at Sonica :Grin: ahah