WTF? - Iran's president says move Israel

julian

Reaction score
I just don't get it, he's basically saying: "George, this time you don't need to look for a pretext. Come and exterminate us please."

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
I *really* hate to say this, but aside from the obvius logistical nightmare involved, he *does* have a point.

The British Commonwealth had no right whatsoever to concede British Palestine to the creation of Israel, given that we were in full retreat from our position of Empire at the time, and I consider it an act of astonishing arrogance that the Jewish nation state was set up outside of Europe, given that anti-Semitism was pretty rife throughout the continent, yet in Palestine, Jewish and Arab people got on fine until we started mucking about with it.

There were intriguing suggestions from staunch Zionists at the time that somewhere like Patagonia would have been good, becuase vast swathes of it were uninhabited, yet could be made arable with international support. Displacing a group of people who were not involved in the persecution of the people supplanting them for the convenience of those who did was quite possibly the stupidest, most damaging and arrogant decision made on the international stage in history.

J.

Garfield

psy-punk
Reaction score
JPsychodelicacy said:
I *really* hate to say this, but aside from the obvius logistical nightmare involved, he *does* have a point.

The British Commonwealth had no right whatsoever to concede British Palestine to the creation of Israel, given that we were in full retreat from our position of Empire at the time, and I consider it an act of astonishing arrogance that the Jewish nation state was set up outside of Europe, given that anti-Semitism was pretty rife throughout the continent, yet in Palestine, Jewish and Arab people got on fine until we started mucking about with it.

There were intriguing suggestions from staunch Zionists at the time that somewhere like Patagonia would have been good, becuase vast swathes of it were uninhabited, yet could be made arable with international support. Displacing a group of people who were not involved in the persecution of the people supplanting them for the convenience of those who did was quite possibly the stupidest, most damaging and arrogant decision made on the international stage in history.

J.
I see ya point, but don't you think it's impossible now? As a german, with a notorious "guilty conscience", the statement of Iran's president is absolut out of the question. (He believes to have had a flare around himself while speaking @ the UN)

Sorry, I think my english isn't good enough, 4 an intelligent discussion, I don't think that I can really explain my thought in english. *ashamed*

Warwick Bassmonkey

Average Sized Member
Reaction score
Outrageous gaffe or not, J's right, he does have a point. And there don't seem to be many other solutions coming from elsewhere.

As for the logistics... don't the US send the equivalent of about 500 USD per head per year to Israel in "foreign aid"? That's a lot of money. Wouldn't it pay them in the long run to turn over an Israel-sized piece of the USA to create a new state?

It would solve a big problem.