X Dream What are they like?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggins2012 @ Nov 14 2003, 03:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> saw them at the rex with cosmosis and bamboo forest and they were really good. mind you they did play all the older classic x-dream choons if i remember rightly.......dunno guess it depends which type of set they play [/quote:7036968789]
um, i was at this party, and sorry to say, I/we tought they sucked... they did mess up a few times. Stupid mistakes, like missing cue's and just not gelling together... was really embarrasing actually.
I love their older goa stuff, and so bought their IRRITANT album.... was greatli disappointed.
I read an interview with them on that album..... they reckon its a fusion of techy sounds and some house......not my cuppa chai...

all in all:: a bit over-rated really

I can't believe what it has come too.

Believe me, they single handedly pioneered the space/techno/psychedelic genre into previously unknown realms of sonic sorcery.

Radio was purest forthright genium.

Then.................

We waited, and waited. There were endless roumers of new tracks that never emerged. There were of course the famous Groupie Syndrome with Tim Schuldt and the Delta Skitzoeffective tracks - but beyond that it is impossible to even recognise their sound now.

Don't get me wrong, Marcus was a friend of my Dad's and having met him, it all made sense at the time.

It's like they were possessed and now the spirit has gone !

Soooo sad. :sob: :sob: :sob:

I do not even register 'Irritant', though it was soo aptly named.

Thank god for Logic Bomb. Otherwise I'd be outta here quicker than :runsmile:

I saw them once in Edinburgh, but as far as I could tell they were playing tracks from the Radio album straight off a DAT since I couldn't find any differences between them live and them at home on a CD. Still they blew the roof off and it was a great night.

well the whole Spirallianz/Midi Miliz/C.O.P./Delta/X Dream interbreeding dillema goes on. These bands are positively overlapping though.

I'm sorrry that people don't like X-Dreams newer stuff as much. Personally, I thought that it was awesome.

X-Dream started out one way, and then went another, the old stuff was amazing, stuff like 'The Second Room' was really really good, and still cuts it today. There newer stuff is less revered, sadly, but in the right frame of mind, is just stunning, possibly the best dancing trance ever.

C.O.P. are often overlooked - I think they (X-Dream) form one half. I reckon that their out and out 'best' material was written here. So many hidden layers on that album I'm still finding out new shit five years later. Tracks from the C.O.P. album are still regulars in my DJ sets, and they still sound better produced, more original and more inspired than just about anything else I've heard.

EDIT: The bit about dancing trance. I would like to emphasise the word trance in that sentence. It doesn't employ shock tactics to get you interested, or have lots of attention grabbing 'double take' noises. It's all about dancing for hours, and getting absolutely lost in the groove of the whole thing. Teutonic marching anthems!

X-dream are quite literally the industrialists of trance tech or whatever you wanna call it, I think they trult are the motha fuckers of trance.
"radio" was psychedelic minimal, beautiful melodic, but their newer stuff out does it by some distance.
WE were at Phat Bull and they killed us with their technical maverickness and darkness. Intercorpral Stimulator. Jesus. Me and a mate are gonna open a Cafe called Intercorporal stimulator. Homage to x-dream and the rest of those filthy german tech heads.
Oh yeah what happenened bad in their life or more to the point Markus' life, was they got into dark dark drugs.

Interesting. Interesting indeed...

Dark drugs you say? Could be..

I just don't get it. Delta were dark but fantastically layered and musical.

The new shite is exactly that! Shite!

These guys used to be my idols...

:sad:

delta , for me, is better than x-dream. But Delta is brainchild of x-dream.
I sympathise, same happened with nearly all Tip artists,used to love , now don't :smokingr: :no:

Drat Mafia said:
X-Dream didnt play at Samothraki, Midi Miliz were meant to play X-dreams stuff but played their own apparently...i wasnt there so i'm not 100% sure but anyways...X-Dream are one of the best producers in my opinion, their early stuff is nice an melodic an gets gradually more minimal. "Radio" i think was pretty much the mother of minimal trance :punk: anyways, whether their stuff is yuor cup of chai or not it is amazingly produced an the live act is worth it just to see 2 'technicians' at work behind a mountain of equipment. as u can see, i'm a fan.
cya there :Grin:

I'm being a twat or at least part of my split personality is!! :mad:
Infact I saw them at Samothraki 2003 (half the reason I was there along with my blagged ticket) I was there rockin me nuts off :punk: as a stormy morning hit the main floor... It's ALL about X-dream !!! I will always have upmost respect for those boys (tear swelling) althogh I have listened to a load of their new stuff and some of it is pretty different, (especially the 'prime suspect' stuff which is the new vocalist, Arial, and Jan) but the rocking stuff still rocks! .....agreed it won't be to everyones tastes........
:unsure:

Does anyone else remember 'The Frog'?

Very very old, but a true classic.... ribbit ribbit... :shrooms:

for me my favourite group, i ve heard the new material from a radio station in israel and is wicked

trust me, especially because of the vocals

yea it is amazing and much less dark than that the IRRITANT

but nothing like see them live. :speaker:

my best track... psychomachine

ive seen them twice in mexico and i can just say

thanx :lol1:

We created our own happiness is one of the best melodic psy tunes ever :punk:

i want to see logic bomb on the remix like they did to panic in paradise with neighbour of the beast.

What are they like??

Not disimilar to the Atmos new album.

Get it if you are looking for the extra spark that X-Dream never delivered.

Back