Top 10 your favorite ambient albums!

NilsTentacles

I, hippy
Reaction score
Sweden (freeze yr ass off this time a year)
I know there has been some other chill-out lists earlier, but this one is limited to full albums/compilations. please don't post single songs here.

I'm breakin the "TOP 10" concept myself, but oh well :iredface: I'm not perfect!!

Another Fine Day - Life Before Land (1994)
Björk - Vespertine (2001)
Floex - Pocustone (2003)
Galaxy - Science of Ecstasy (2004)
Global Communication - 76:14 (1994)
Guardner - Paris can't wait (2004)
JFC - Chrome de Lux (2000)
Nodens Ictus - Spacelines (2000)
Norman Feller - Frameless Structure (2003)
Ooze - Where the Fields Never End (2001)
The Orb - Orblivion (1997)
Ott - Blumenkraft (2003)
Saafi Brothers - Midnight's Children (2000)
Nor Elle - Phantom of Life (1998)
Freeworm - Vegetation=Fuel (2000)
Waki - Music for Waki People (2004)

terrefic stuff that I've heard just recently, that probably will end up as a personal classics:

Solar Fields - Leaving Home (2005)
Gaudi+Testa - 1105 aka Continvvm (2005)
Dub Trees - Nature never did betray the heart that loved her (2000)
Drøn - Homeworld (2002)
Gel-Sol - 1104 (2004)
Gus Till - Electric Oceans (2004)

start listening to psy-stream every other sunday and i reckon you be mighty happy with what you get to hear!!!!

see signature below for further details

jamez_23 said:
Global Communication - 76:14 (1994)

loving this one .....

continuum said:
Is that the one with the amazingly chilled tune that starts with clocks ticking?

im currently getting myself primed for an extended music buying frenzy - how good - would i want to play it?

dave - very good

yes - you would want to play

Just been re mastered / re-released, you can buy from Vigin or HMV at the mo for about a tenner ..... with second cd chucked in for good measure (rmx's + a couple of new tracks)

try it .... I reckon you will dig it .... very relaxing textures ......

ace - good excuse to go out and get my arse down into the city then!!! thanks for the pointers - anybody who has heard what i have been up to with the chillout show that has suggestions of stuff that would interest me - send a pm all advice greatfully recieved

dave arc-i said:
how good - would i want to play it?

Put it this way: when I first heard that tune it was during a post-party comedown sesh at a mates place and I was candyflipping :irolleyes
I didn't know whether I was going to laugh, cry, or spontaneously ejaculate

Thats how good. I'm off to amazon to get meself a copy too

Continuum said:
I didn't know whether I was going to laugh, cry, or spontaneously ejaculate

Thats how good. I'm off to amazon to get meself a copy too

i will get a box of man size kleenex on the way to the record shop then - "be prepared"....... handy being a boy scout once upon a time

1. Orb- Bro Evil 93
2. Talk Talk - Laughing Stock/ Out of Eden
3. KLF - Chill out
4. Shpongle - Are you Shpongled
5. Tipper - Surrounded
6. Mum - Yesterday was dramatic
7. Mark Deutsch - Fool
8. Greg Hunter - New album with egyptian musicians
9. Adam Shaik - Essence
10. Brian Eno - Music FOr airports

These are all fairly life changing with the exception of Mum which is really just a filler I got last week with one really nice track on it.

oooooeeeer missus (frank howerd voice) currently reaching the end of track 2 which has the clocks at the begining and a clock appears at the end almost like a metronome - blinding....... brilliant........ bodily fluids everywhere............ its another wub innit!

well worth 16.99 of anybodys money who is into chillout

subsequent edit: and bugger me if the start of track 3 doesnt sound so much like the intro to "3am out of beaumont" (i think it is!!) from KLF's chillout - my yardstick of quality chill - i hade been thinking those sort of comparison thoughts right up till then anyway!!!! wub is also one of the few albums i have put up that same exhaulted position

not in order :shrooms:
saafi brothers liquid beach
aes dana mem shell
gabriel le mar - far and away? (something like that)
huva network
carbon based lifeforms
ooze
dmt express

yum out

better still it's almost the end of the week :gr1n: get me outta here

dave arc-i said:
oooooeeeer missus (frank howerd voice) currently reaching the end of track 2 which has the clocks at the begining and a clock appears at the end almost like a metronome - blinding....... brilliant........ bodily fluids everywhere............ its another wub innit!

well worth 16.99 of anybodys money who is into chillout

subsequent edit: and bugger me if the start of track 3 doesnt sound so much like the intro to "3am out of beaumont" (i think it is!!) from KLF's chillout - my yardstick of quality chill - i hade been thinking those sort of comparison thoughts right up till then anyway!!!! wub is also one of the few albums i have put up that same exhaulted position

knew you'd like it ..... :iyes:

Back