your first PSY-TRANCE cd

psychedelVic

(~'~)
Reaction score
What was the first psychedelic(trance) CD that you purchased, nicked, borrowed, downloaded, recieved or heard? If you bought the CD you must have been trance-formed by the sound if you were willing to spend money on it.

My first purchase was Interzone compilation(interzone recs), groovy, minimalistic, easy listening psy progressive.

:icool:

Rave Dave

Paragonescia
Reaction score
Astral Projection - The Astral Files

I have so many great memories with this cd and it's still my favourite psy album! No matter how far i delve into the huge feast of music, i still look to this album for the magical memories. I havent touched any drugs for ages now but this is the only cd where i can still get high, just by listening to it.
Twisted by Hallucinogen was my second i think, but i lent it to someone ages ago and still havnt got it back! I really miss it!

TranceVisuals

Banned
Reaction score
*edited*

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
First 12" was Cosmosis Canabanoid Ep Transient,
and then Slinky Wizard Ep on Flying Rhino....

Hallucinogen Twisted first vinyl album I think... looking back time is misty :Wink3:

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
Reaction score
what in tintern abbey are you talking about?

wakadooo

Spiral time traveller
Reaction score
cor eh....

Blue room - outside the reactor
and Hallucinogen - twisted ......got em both the same time

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
I got two comps at the same time, both of which I still reckon are the best in their respective fields:

Matsuri - Abstract Phaze

There is some awesome stuff on here, unique collabortions from people who went on to become very big names

check out the Rotatum and Mumble tracks for some proper twisted up old school.

Transient - Dance, Trance and Magic Plants

Again, the very very best of old school, more killer tracks then you can shake a sausage at. Contributions from forum members (both killer tracks btw :Smile3: ) christof and mael, cosmosis and much much more, in fact, my signature quote comes from this compilation.

Really, with a name like that, you know that you cannot go wrong.

If you can find either of these two CD's for sale, BUY 'EM! They are still amazing!

[/rant]

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Reaction score
RTTS CD1 - Return to the source - deep trance and ritual beats
Still a cracker with 'we are free' by doof and 'spike' by hallucinogen how could I not be sucked in forever? :Smile3:

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Blimey Speakafreaka, that's got me all chuffed. Glad the Rotatum track is not lost and forgotten! Which other forum member was also on Dance, Trance and Magic Plants? I have the CD but no longer have the cover... particularly unfortunate as there was a piece of writing inside the front cover I was particularly pleased with.

My first trance CD was Hard Trance and Psychedelic Techno, on Phantasm (1994). I only got it because I had a track on it... nothing was quite the same after that :Smile3:

fractalated

nihilist
Reaction score
crunchymole said:
Cosmosis "Intergalactic"
me too...god (aka billy baggins) i love that album :Grin:

well that's the first cd i bought.

before that i was *ahem*listeningto*ahem astral proj. - dancing galaxy, xerox and illumination - somethingorother, and chakra blue on novatekk (rip).

ha! the chakra comp even came with free hippy perfume in a little bottle in the side of the cd case - i've still got it, its called ... "perfume falcon" mmmmm.....

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
Colin OOOD said:
Blimey Speakafreaka, that's got me all chuffed. Glad the Rotatum track is not lost and forgotten! Which other forum member was also on Dance, Trance and Magic Plants? I have the CD but no longer have the cover... particularly unfortunate as there was a piece of writing inside the front cover I was particularly pleased with.

My first trance CD was Hard Trance and Psychedelic Techno, on Phantasm (1994). I only got it because I had a track on it... nothing was quite the same after that :Smile3:
why, the good Mr. Organic himself, with one of the floatiest morning tracks you are ever likely to hear!

fractalated

nihilist
Reaction score
o yea, that dance trance and magic plants is quality too. rare as a penguin sandwich for a polar bear these days though :Sad:

UVFi

Forum Member
Reaction score
i got aum3's first album and fell in love - now i work for them YAY

Nemco

Bumbling Producer
Reaction score
Immortality vol.1, a release on a Dutch label... after vol.4 they quit because there really wasn't a commercial market for that kind of music back then in the Netherlands... but man, great memories... great tracks :Smile3:

DJ Brucie

A Psy-lum Seeker
Reaction score
My first CD was Return to the Source - Sacred Sites which led me to amass a nice collection of psy vinyl in not very much time at all. I think my first LP was Cosmosis - Cosmology but I cant honestly remember. Dance, Trance and Magic Plants is a great compilation, is it Vesuvius that has the 'I do not have time to brainwash you' sample on it? Thats my fave track anyway.