showletter4zn9.jpg

showletter5bp9.jpg

showletter6ni8.jpg

showletter7jo7.jpg

showletter8qt4.jpg

showletter9xq9.jpg

showletter10dd0.jpg

showletter11fo0.jpg

Sorry for the harsh message, but I vote we get the rich first world countries to put THIS on their advertising boards.

:isad: thats so sad.

but i do have to say what funky flip flops that man had

i think this might be to the wrong audance but i will be emailing that around

thank you

Its really sad that millions of people around the world are suffering from the western world greed ! This country is one of many that is full of people not helping to fight against the capatalist system that is haulding all there profits in to meaningless things x

[Rant]

it gets called western greed and we get made to feel guilty about it!

Are you that greedy?

No!

Do we have any real control over it?

No!

Do we have any real power to sort this out?

No!

Who does? A bunch of people who have put themselves beyond national laws and run organisations such as the Cargill group.

IMHO we are being made to feel guilty for the effects of that which was raised by Western culture but is not of western culture - Global Trade.

How many of you are shareholders in an international corp???

How many of you feel you have some infuence over your government???

How many of you feel your boycot power is real???

Personally Ive had enough this, untill we topple the way the world is run, we cant do anything. My local community can't even stop an unwanted supermarket being built, so what the hell chance have we got to change the world by guilt, bugger all!!!!!

I'm afraid it is going to take anger, and maybe the odd AK47, yes afraid cos it aint gonna be nice, but then its got to be better than the lives 1/3 of the world live with now, afterall they are starting from a basline of poverty war and corruption.

[/Rant]

soz, ive just had enough of the Bonos of this world!

We need Bolivar not bloody Bono

Its not that we can do anything for them sqoo....what rather what the city people could do for themselves. They are living a boring existance...day in day out....picket fence life and all that. It is just showing us that even in the harshest enviroments people still carry on.....and lots of blinded people take that for granted and think the world revolves around them!!

Just be thankful and think twice about your enviroment and those around u (like not wasting food & clothes, cook less and give your unwanted items to charites) They appreciate it more than you think.......in south africa anything is accepted with smiles and thanks!! Your gratitude no matter how small makes a world of difference to someone out there.

:Wink3:

aye fair enough, as i said it was a bit of a rant

I guess I am just feeling powerless and as I said, had enough of the Bonos of this world and their 'oh guilty us' attitude, we are pawns in the same game!

Viva la revolucion!

Hey, my opinions on anything serious on this forum are usually completely stupid, and staltifyingly ill-informed, but I agree to an extent (at the moment) with Sqoo, mayhaps I'm feeling a tad impotent at the moment, but yeah AK's and Molotovs all the way. What is Bolivar, though? I thought 'twas a brand of cigar... Don't quite see how that helps...

Hey, my opinions on anything serious on this forum are usually completely stupid, and staltifyingly ill-informed, but I agree to an extent (at the moment) with Sqoo, mayhaps I'm feeling a tad impotent at the moment, but yeah AK's and Molotovs all the way. What is Bolivar, though? I thought 'twas a brand of cigar... Don't quite see how that helps...

Bolivar, a great liberator of South America from the Spanish (shame they were too close to the US):

Simón José Antonio de la Santísima Trinidad Bolívar y Ponte Palacios y Blanco (born July 24, 1783 in Caracas, Venezuela; died December 17, 1830, in Santa Marta, Colombia) was a leader of several independence movements throughout South America, collectively known as Bolívar's War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim%C3%B3n_Bol%C3%ADvar

I bet more than one cigar is named after him

I thought he was a character in Tintin.

Ah well, I have to say, I regularly check myself and think how lucky I am for my accident of birth, to live in a country where we have a health service, a welfare system, a safety net. I regularly remind my son of the same things when he decides to have a moan. I don't really need to have that pointed out to me as if I was so self-involved that I'd never thought of it before.

hmmmm, I guess I agree with Sqoo as well... it's very nasty to use pictures like these to place implicit blame on people when they really can't do much to change the situation. It's a bit like blaming a young german for WW II.

I'd like to add that these pictures suggest that people in africa suffer immensely while the inhabitants of the rich west are content to sit on their riches. This is very much oversimplified. People in the west suffer much too, but instead of physical suffering, there is much more psychological suffering coming from living in a world completely out of touch with the natural environment we evolved in.

We live in a highly competitive world, where your thoughts and beliefs are constantly being manipulated by media and advertising. It's a struggle to find something real and good to hold on to sometimes, and to be faithful to yourself.

I could talk about this for hours, but I'm afraid I'll just bore everybody. So just think about it. What is worse? Psychological suffering or physical suffering? Who can say?

you've got to be kidding me. there are people down there starving. don't even try to imply there is some equivalence between being hungry most of your short life and then just dying in the dirt, and being stressed about your next homework/meeting/mortgage payment.

for fuck's sake, our house pets live in better conditions then they do.

I could talk about this for hours, but I'm afraid I'll just bore everybody. So just think about it. What is worse? Psychological suffering or physical suffering? Who can say?

I think you've lived an extremely privileged life if you ask that question.

I dont...both are pretty bad.

Right.

Okay.

Living in the modern world where we arer bombarded with media and advertising and not being able to find something real to hold on to is just as traumatic as not having any food and living in war torn countries with death and rape all around you.

General rule of thumb: If you have internet connection things are pretty okay and you lead a comparably privileged life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back