Iran

While it doesn't seem at all unlikely, I'd check around for a more reliable data source (UNICEF has no data on this). Ayatollah Khomeni, like most heads of organised religions, was a law unto himself.

havent read the whole thing, just skimmed it, but child marriage does occur in certain muslim societies, which i see as something that needs to be tackled.

havent read the whole thing, just skimmed it, but child marriage does occur in certain muslim societies

I wonder if the bit about them having sexual inter-course with them, (and the one example of a child dying because of womb damage), is propaganda...or if there is truth in it?

ive heard lots of stuff of a similar vein....Girls having babies at like 9/10 years old etc....all a bit grim if you ask me.
Propaganda? In what way?

Admittedly this is just a quick check that I've done, but it appears that sex is legal in Iran as long as the couple are married. The age of marriage is 16 for a woman and 18 for a man.

Watch out! Iran propaganda is so hot for january 2012!

of course watch out for propaganda, but also keep that ear clean for when legitimate scandals emerge shrouded under the heading of religion.I know a few iranian ladies, and they can vouch for the hideousness of certain circles within iran.......

for example (and i know this example is Somalian, but still it fits within the heading here)...read some Ayaan Hirsi Ali literature.This lady has to live under cover now, due to her confrontation with islam.

disclaimer. No im not racist, islam isnt a race, and i have equal gripes with, for example, catholicism for similar child abuse scandels, so hold that thought.

Oh yes.

I think more pertinent are reports that the US Navy has sent warships to the Persian Gulf, and is accusing Iran of harassment.

The Obama administration is baying for blood.
Indeed.
One wonders what is more inflammatory, the US sending a major battle group to the Arabian gulf, or Iran choosing their arrival as a reason to "test fire" a few missiles.
There's some dangerous brinksmanship going on, with big threats being made on both sides.

I think that the US are tying to force Iran's hand, to find out just what long-range missiles, etc., they really have...

iGirls having babies at like 9/10 years old etc....all a bit grim if you ask me.
?

That happens here too.... I've taken a 11yr old and her child to school on several occasions.... the thing that shocked me was she didn't know who the father was !!!

I think the issue definately falls into the properganda catagory... sounds like they wanna get the blood up, of us in the west... cause no one likes a nonce... hating your enemy makes it easier to wanna kill him.

That happens here too.... I've taken a 11yr old and her child to school on several occasions.... the thing that shocked me was she didn't know who the father was !!!

yep, there are cunts everywhere.....the worry is when this activity progresses into an institutionalised format

my worry is that a post-modern style argument is becoming prevalent again, where-by any legitimate criticism of different societies, is discarded as propaganda or (even more ignorantly imo) as racism

The problem I see is that those who believe in the book of religon follow it blindly... it would only take a kiddy fiddler to write such a bible for thousands if not millions of people to take it as gospel hundreds of yrs later.

The problem I see is that those who believe in the book of religon follow it blindly... it would only take a kiddy fiddler to write such a bible for thousands if not millions of people to take it as gospel hundreds of yrs later.

yep mohammed had a child bride.This should set alarm bells ringing, even b4 propaganda has raised its ugly head

yep mohammed had a child bride.This should set alarm bells ringing, even b4 propaganda has raised its ugly head

I just looked at the site where Nanook got the story and it would appear to me to be a site thats "keeping tabs on the most outrageous happenings in the middle east, islamist.... blah blah blah.. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

Lets ramp up the hatred and fear and get our arses over there to sort em out !

It mentions about mohammed's child bride in the koran.

I dont recall war being mentioned here, all i ask is for legitimate criticism to be allowed to be levelled towards faith based communities

Back