Say no to unlimited immigration. <?>

Hey,

I'm not ripping anyone's posts to shreds.

Years of forum abuse have taught that its very esy to perpetuate conflict, and much harder to stop it.

Plenty of room for both Dave and my observations I feel.

I am merely trying to be polite? Well ... er, no. And I'm sure Dave will have seen enough ridiculous arguments I've gotten myself into over the years (some with him) to know that fluffiness hasn't ever really been in my dictionary.

Uh huh and does your observation agree with the points presented by Dave? the thing about having problem with the concept of being lucky to live in UK. The stuff he said about China having a large economy etc etc...

Your point of view and what you have presented are pretty much opposition to what he said. Technically you are ripping his points apart with opposing views and evidence. You have adopt a neutral stance because you were being polite.

No, that was in response to your "I have been here longer and I am more established" comment.

I think your imagination is playing tricks on you - I really cant find where you think I said that

maybe you are being too busy telling other people what you think they have been saying rather what they actually said :iwink:

which was

me said:
Bearing in mind you are recently arrived I suggest you use the search button

in reference to you assuming that I dont know my history and which you were proved wrong about

but what has any of this to do with immigration - a question you are failing to answer in much the same way as you held me to account over

glass houses and stones or is it big orange letters?

Telling people what they're saying, nice oneeee

No, please enlighten me. I might have mistaken the meaning behind this but that was the point of the following?

Bearing in mind you are recently arrived I suggest you use the search button under this login I currently use and the older Dave Arc-i one and see just how many times I have pointed out the self same thing - quite often in reference to the UK governments current "war on drugs" and the other part of the rough quote was a joke directed at a mate of many years standing - so please dont get your knickers in a twist about something that obviously flew right over your head

He could have simply told me about such facts without pointing out the fact that I am new.

I am not telling people they are saying. I am saying how it was interpreted by me. Again, the "your are new here" comment was unnecessary and served to do nothing but for Arse-eye to stamp his authority and disguise that his joke was OK and I didn't get it because I am new here.

oh so my joke wasnt ok because you didnt get it then

now the mists clear

dont forget the "quatrain from nostradamus" bit unless of course it helps you out in making some sort of point by not quoting it with a bit of selective editing

if you want to moan at somebody have a pop at him - I only quoted him

and before you fly back at me for being racist with that "yellow men" comment - Bit of Stuff (my g/f) is part Chinese so I think you might be barking up the wrong tree - but then IF you had been around here for while you would have already have known that

maybe this is a good thread for you to start with

https://www.psymusic.co.uk

I like to be helpful :winkythingy:

Stay on topic please folks. :Smile3:

dont forget the "quatrain from nostradamus" bit unless of course it helps you out in making some sort of point by not quoting it with a bit of selective editing

if you want to moan at somebody have a pop at him - I only quoted him

Only quoted him. I don't see how that'd make it any better. What, the fact that you had no part in the creative process?

and before you fly back at me being racist with that comment - Bit of Stuff (my g/f) is part Chinese so I think you might be barking up the wrong tree - but then IF you had been around here for while you would have already have known that

No, fact is, I quote the "beware of yellow man from the east" comment because you mentioned it before and the topic of discussion was China. I wouldn't even bat an eye at it until you got defensive with it.

And the "I have a friend who is..." defence is pretty weak. Even Jo from S Club 7 used that before. A guy can date a girl from a certain ethnic decent while still be comfortable to be dismissive of her culture. And calm down, no one is accusing you of being a racist otherwise I would have pressed the report button.

Again, you are pointing out the fact that I am a newbies continuously. What's the point? That I am not into your social cliques and that I won't understand and what you do is OK? Why make such a big fuss over that?

So far we have pretty deviated from the thread topic completely. Unless you want to return to the immigration discussion, I think we will leave it at this.

I don't think he was using the "I have a friend who is..." defence. It's the same way I can make jokes about it and jokes about lesbians going to hell cos I like girls and young people being idiots cos I'm young. Like, it's partly ironic and partly taking the piss.

I wouldn't date or live with someone who disrepected me or anything to do with me.

Blah. Anyway.

Obvs I think immigration is fine and people should stop whining innit.

I don't think he was using the "I have a friend who is..." defence. It's the same way I can make jokes about it and jokes about lesbians going to hell cos I like girls and young people being idiots cos I'm young. Like, it's partly ironic and partly taking the piss.

I wouldn't date or live with someone who disrepected me or anything to do with me.

Blah. Anyway.

So why did he mention you? Why has he named you as his gf and the fact that you are part Chinese?

To show that you're misunderstanding his stupid joke.

And because I am and I am.

UK life expectancy: 79
Russian life expectancy: 66
!

i'm not so sure... maybe in the distant future :Wink3:

health inequality is one of the hardest things to tackle... it takes generations. generations worth of investment, too!

russia has serious public health problems (alcohol consumption, blood & sexually transmitted infections) that are gonna take a while to shake out.

Agreed life expectancy is bad in Russia according to the figures.... but those figures must also include the many many millions whose lives were cut short by Stalin, had it not been for him I'm sure there would be a lot of older people out there now !

As for health problems... the UK not so long ago was the heart attack capital of europe... we now have obesity issues which will come about very soon !

But the fact remains as far as I'm concerned , that Russian health care is better than ours, and I base that statement on having been treated in both UK and Russian dentists :ibiggrin:

Uh huh and does your observation agree with the points presented by Dave? the thing about having problem with the concept of being lucky to live in UK. The stuff he said about China having a large economy etc etc...

Your point of view and what you have presented are pretty much opposition to what he said. Technically you are ripping his points apart with opposing views and evidence. You have adopt a neutral stance because you were being polite.

Don't put words in my mouth you little prick.

I'm suggesting another view point. That isn't the same as ripping someone posts up.

Get the fuck over yourself.

Don't put words in my mouth you little prick.

I'm suggesting another view point. That isn't the same as ripping someone posts up.

Get the fuck over yourself.

OK, so even though the points you have made are completely the opposite of the ones brought forward by Arse_Eye, and pretty much disproved what he claimed, it is still not the same as ripping someone's posts up? Cool. I mean you even said that "our best market forecastrers seem to have tying their own shoelaces ATM, I think their predictions are worth precisely fuck all". "Precisely fuck all"? Hmm... So you are saying the quote that Arse_Eye have used are worth "precisely fuck all"? I didn't put words in your mouth you see. Maybe the phrase "fuck all" meant something a lot more dismissive and completely different for me? In which case, I have misinterpreted your use of the phrase "precisely fuck all" and I do apologise.

Get the fuck over myself? I am just telling the truth. Arse_eye accused me of saying that China is a Third World country. Apart from being untrue, it is something I have explained and restated. He continued with his accusation and then went on to provide concepts which you yourself AND other members have objected to. In the end, he got defensive on me quoting his "yellow man" comment (which I did in sarcasm) and went on to say how I am only a newbie and should read up before posting. In the thread he linked, he implied that I was the one being too serious when he was the one who'd initially followed my supposed "China is a Third World" comment with three links. :Grin:

There is an excellent online guide for immigrants looking to live in foreign countries...in this case it is foreigners living in Japan...but I think the sage wisdom that Kuzuhide espouses can be applied anywhere in the world....

I give you...the wisdom of "Ask Kazuhide"

http://www.seekjapan.jp/authorArticles/Kazuhide

^^^ this thread wins the "how to make friends and influence people demonstration award for 2009:

awesome_award.jpg

:irofl::irofl::irofl:

Back