The Dick Trevor Masterclass

Futurephonic

Forum Member
Reaction score

Futurephonic are excited to announce that the next artist to host a Psychedelic Trance Masterclass will be none other than the legendary Dick Trevor!

Well, what can be said about Dick that hasn't been said already? A true Psychedelic veteran, Dick has been a stalwart of the scene for nigh on 20 years. From starting the full-on project Green Nuns of the Revolution in the mid-90's, being one half of Infernal Machine with Simon Posford AKA Hallucinogen, right through to Circuit Breakers with Burn in Noise, AMD with Aphid Moon and Trickster with Tristan, not to mention his own solo project Dickster, he has remained firmly at the cutting edge of the Psychedelic Trance world from day one. Dick is now signed to premiership label Nano Records.

Dick's going to be giving us an inside look at how he builds his blistering tracks that have resulted in countless collaborations with the scenes biggest players, with releases on labels such as Nano, Twisted and Dragonfly to name just a few. We will be diving in to the depths of Psychedelic Electronic production as Dick shows us how he uses his years of experience to shape his monstrous sound, plus answering your questions in real time throughout.

Where we've deconstructed tracks in previous Futurephonic Masterclasses, this class will be all about building. In the full three-hour class, Dick will show us how he builds all the essential elements of his tracks, and will ensure that you walk away with a sackful of professional tips, tricks and techniques you'd spend years discovering for yourself.

As the live sound engineer for the Shpongle tours, what Dick doesn't know about sound isn't worth knowing, so join us on Saturday 23rd November for this unique interactive event as we put a true master of Psy Trance through his paces.

For more information and details of how to enroll, headover to our website - www.futurephonic.co.uk

hey, it would be great if this session was available for a paid download afterwards. I realize some people want to watch it live and ask questions, but a cheaper download later would get a lot of interest I believe.

just my 2c :Wink3:

Yeah I don't get the keeping the knowledge constrained thing

What do you do for a living then? Would you do it for nothing?

That said, on first look this masterclass seems pretty pricey, but if you look at it as several hours tuition from Dick Fucking Trevor, then it's actually quite reasonable.

What do you do for a living then? Would you do it for nothing?

That said, on first look this masterclass seems pretty pricey, but if you look at it as several hours tuition from Dick Fucking Trevor, then it's actually quite reasonable.

It wasn't my point to mean it should be free, I'm happy to pay. The point was that it's only available to, I think, eight people who happen to have the money there and then, and afterwards it's not available to anyone else ever.

If they held a class for those who wanted to interact and ask questions then made the video available to a wider audience afterwards for a price, not only would it disseminate the knowledge amongst some people who could use it to make great music, it would also bring in some extra finance for the artists.

It's up to them what they do with their class, but I thought the point was to have some good music and not for certain knowledge to be only available to a privileged few, I could be wrong though.

It wasn't my point to mean it should be free, I'm happy to pay. The point was that it's only available to, I think, eight people who happen to have the money there and then, and afterwards it's not available to anyone else ever.

If they held a class for those who wanted to interact and ask questions then made the video available to a wider audience afterwards for a price, not only would it disseminate the knowledge amongst some people who could use it to make great music, it would also bring in some extra finance for the artists.

It's up to them what they do with their class, but I thought the point was to have some good music and not for certain knowledge to be only available to a privileged few, I could be wrong though.

OK I misunderstood, but I can sort of understand their position - if the video was made available, it would be available for free via the usual dodgy outlets pretty much straight away and they're trying to protect their investment and maintain exclusivity.

OK I misunderstood, but I can sort of understand their position - if the video was made available, it would be available for free via the usual dodgy outlets pretty much straight away and they're trying to protect their investment and maintain exclusivity.

Fair point but there's nothing to stop that happening as everyone involved gets a video and could make it available if they wanted to, I think that's a given with the internet age.

It's the exclusivity I don't get, granted I would've loved to take part but pay day's not until Friday and I just had to pay out to get my laptop fixed. I think if more people know how to make this music then we've all got a higher chance of having some better tunes and the scene would be healthier for it.

Back