U.S Oil leak

say like the one about Dave being banned and the mods getting sacked still attracted more interest than this environmental disaster thread

Have you also noticed the people that are normally quick to try to rubbish me elsewhere dont bother trying in these threads?
Says a lot to me about the sort of people they actually are instead of the facades that they hide behind as fluffy party people!

Have you also noticed the people that are normally quick to try to rubbish me elsewhere dont bother trying in these threads?
Says a lot to me about the sort of people they actually are instead of the facades that they hide behind as fluffy party people!
Who are you talking about here? Give us some names so we don't have to read between the lines and get it wrong. From my PoV you actually talk sense in these kinds of threads.

Hmm BP deal with Libya not so long after Megrahi released.

While I had considerable empathy for BP Amoco's US situation (as a shareholder, ex-contractor) if there is truth in them negotiating Megrahi's release, they lost it.

For a man released due to terminal illness he seems to be doing a mighty fine job of hanging in there.

For a man released due to terminal illness he seems to be doing a mighty fine job of hanging in there.

My father was diagnosed with prostrate cancer at 65 yrs of age, he was 84 when it killed him. I doubt Al Megrahi will be gone anytime soon.

But hey, if the Americans can do pretty much what they want in this world then lie about it so can the Scottish. no?

Shocking and very sad !

Unlikely that this oil has come from the bp rig... unless oil has been carried into the deep cold water drift to the south of the america's then found its way up and into the warmer surface waters.. this damage is the sort of thing I expected seeing from the bp leak, just not in that location tho !!!

Time will tell... once environmetalists establish the type of oil (light/heavy) involved I'm sure they will work out whose responsible (all of us for our usage) for the leak.

i don't know enough about oceanology to form an opinion as to the possibility of it having come from the GoM.
i also don't trust the mainstream media enough to think we'll be told the truth if it is though...

Meanwhile...

makes you wonder how many more rigs are susceptible to blow... would appear that the shoddy standards only come to light after a disaster !

Back