WHOS DISCRIMINATING WHOM???!!! <grrr>

Deleted member 735

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Reaction score
How Soon We Forget. Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take
the following multiple choice test. (The events are actual cuts
from past history. They actually happened! Do you remember?)

1. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and
massacred by:
a. Olga Corbitt
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwartzeneger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

3. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in
Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

4. In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Kylie Minoque

5. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year
old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his
wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davy Jones & The Monkees
c. The Little Mermaid

6. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a U.S. Navy
diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kid
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

7. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

8. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Meatloaf
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

9. In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed
by:
a. Tarzan
b. Hillary Clinton (to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women
problems)
c. The World Wrestling Federation

10. On 11 September 2001 four airliners were hijacked; two were
used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the
remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was
diverted to a crash by the passengers. Thousands of people were
killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr. Bean

11. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Lawrence of Arabia
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

12. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonny and Clyde
b. Ned Kelly
c. Billy Graham

13. In 2002 the Sari Nightclub in Kuta Beach, Bali, was blown up
killing 189 young mainly Australian tourists by:
a . The "Bundy" Polar Bear
b. Ho Chi Minh
c. Paul Keating

14. In July 2004, three London Underground trains and one London
Bus were suicide bombed by:
a. The Spice girls
b. The Beatles
c. The Four Tops
d. 4 'British' Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of
17 and 40

Nope, .........I really don't see a pattern here to justify
profiling, do you? So, to ensure democratic western Christian
civilisation never offends anyone - particularly fanatics intent on
killing us - airport security screeners will no longer be allowed
to profile (or target)certain people. They must only conduct random
searches of 80-year-oldwomen, people in wheelchairs, little kids,
airline pilots with proper identification, Secret Service agents
who are members of the U.S.President's security detail, 85-year old
World War II veterans with metal hips, and Boy Scout groups. They
must never "target" an asian looking 17 to 40 year old male who
appears to have a suspicious package tied around his body. This
would be unjustified discrimination!

Send this to as many people as you can so that the "do gooders,"
Greenies and other misguided fools, including some High Court
Judges, who want to thwart common sense feel doubly ashamed of
themselves. As Forest Gump (a product of decadent democratic
western Christian civilisation) so aptly put it, "Stupid is as
stupid does

I feel uncomfortable with this, but do I see your point; however I'm sure I could make a similar questionnaire to provide a very different answer (eg anarchists / communists / republican Irish) I have seen it happen - when the establishment want to come down on an identifyable group politically, it very easy to get the media stirred up and the public just lap it up!

And just remember that at least couple of recent Islamic terrorists were white or female and wouldnt fit your 'profile'.

Remember it will be 'ravers' next!

[Oh and as an asside I am all for integration, its the model of immigration that has lead to 2000 years of diversity in this country, unlike the rather separatist policies that funnily enough have only been applied since the colour of the immigrants skin was different to the majority of residents of this country.]

Very easy to write something as retorical as that, without going into the reasons behind any of those actions. How do you think a 22 year old muslim male (for example) will feel if everytime he passes through a security check, he is singled out. Who cares, you may say. But repeat that with many, many more inoccent islamic males, and what will you have? Lots of people happy to know they are helping fight terrorism...no... lots of people very angry at the way they are being treated... and where does that push them? To extremism. Think about it. Not very difficult. I live abroad, and have been "profiled" by Japanese police before, just because I am a westerner... it's fucking annoying.

hmmm.. and considering "muslim males" don't necessarily look like anyone, (they can be white, chinese, black etc.) than i dont see your point.

And was de menzes a muslim male aged between 17- 40 or did he just look like one?

And those two asian kids who were asked to leave a flight, they were in all effect guilty of looking asian?

so what you really mean is, lets profile any brown looking males between the ages of 17-40. And maybe a few black one and perhaps a few white ones since we had a white one arrested last time...? is that it?

Its a very broad looking category.

I personally dont have an issue with profiling but i know first hand the assumption of being guilty purely because you're from a certain group. And as a consequence being treated like shit for it. Its about drawing a line. As someone mentioned earlier, are we to have segregated flights? Is that the answer? Does any and all intelligence on the matter point to the fact that we must suspect anyone and everyone male who looks like they might be brown and between the ages of 17-40?

I'd much rather the intelligence agencies were honest about it because they still do it and that at least should make you feel okay nanook.

When we went to the USA earlier this year me and my husband travelled seperately (he couldn't get more holiday). On his flight they called a bunch of names to be pulled aside. All of them muslim names. then they explained to the group of muslims that this was not profiling just a random bunch of people that were pulled aside. hmmmm. sure.

So yeah, dont worry your pretty little head about profiling, it will still happen. they'll just pull aside a few more old ladies and a random mix of other people to make it seem PC. thats all. (strange how all yoru exapmples were a list of all those people whom humanity may consider more worthy, as though average joes and petty crimminals may not be in the mix :irolleyes )

But yeah, they let my husband go (probably looked too "hip" to be a terrorist) but they held a man becasue he has been to court for speeding. crazy speeding terrorist!

but do I see your point; however I'm sure I could make a similar questionnaire to provide a very different answer (eg anarchists / communists / republican Irish)

go on then...
lets see it.........
and can you provide as many bone-fide examples?

N

<ps- im not neccessarily against integration as you put it........ im just posting this mail on someone behalf>..........Id be lying tho if i said i wasnt scared about the way criminal sections of society get let off with an aweful lot.. just for the sake of Politically correct ''Integration''..............

Most terrorist atrocities in recent history have been committed by the Tamil Tigers. They are Christian, not Muslim.

The trouble with focussing on one religion in particular is that it will further the distrust and discrimination against the RELIGION, not the POLITICAL IDEOLOGY which causes people to commit terrorist acts. In the only reputable survey of suicide terrorists it was discovered that religious motivation per se was almost non-existant, it was percieved repression of religion by political groups which drove people to do such things.

This country is becoming horribly anti-Muslim on a daily basis, with very little understanding of the religion or it's ideals (which do not include suicide terrorism). Although I think that profiling (based on INTELLIGENCE) is sensible, this article panders to the grossest and most racist emotions of an uneducated audience ...

Good point, how do you define a Muslim? its a pretty far reaching religon, Asians, Middle Easterns, Eastern Europeans, Africans, White Amercians, White British, Russians, Chinese, Japanese.......

I also see your point, but I think this is a very dangerous road to go down, pherhaps its time to ban sex for reproduction and do only George Bush clones for future generations, everyone on the planet can where a uniform, and be exactly the same....

Nanook. Tsk. Surely realise that Political Correctness demands that you think one thing, and say another?
All this honesty and saying what you think is going to get you nowhere with the mealy-mouthed PC hippy arsemunchers.

OK, well let's try another tack:

Of all the incidents listed above, how many of them were justified by the perpetrators as 'retribution' for the criminal acts of the US and/or Israeli governments and their enablers, or words to that effect?

How many Palestinian women and children have been massacred by the IDF since the creation of the Israeli state?

How many innocent people have died in nominally Islamic Middle Eastern nations due to US-initiated UN sanctions?

How many UN resolutions against their nation have the Israelis ignored or have been vetoed by the US?

This being the case, *how in the fsck else do you expect them to get the world's attention*?!

And finally:

If Islam is the problem, then why is the US government still propping up Saudi Arabia, which has the most repressive interpretation of Islamic Sharia law in the world?*

J.

* - Not to mention the home of the majority of the September 11th cells, and the primary state sponsor of the madrassas which trained the Bali and London bombers...

This country is becoming horribly anti-Muslim on a daily basis, with very little understanding of the religion or it's ideals

Surely you can understand where the sentiment comes from? I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but the roots of anti-Muslim sentiment are clear.

Here's a thing - I DON'T WANT to develop a greater understanding of Islam.
I DON'T WANT to moderate my lifestyle so as not to offend a minority of people whose religious viewpoint I find frankly bizarre.
I have the utmost respect for people who have religious beliefs, and I am happy for people to believe whatever they want, live their lives the way they want and follow whatever path they think is right.

After all, thats what I'm doing.

the grossest and most racist emotions of an uneducated audience ...

very very condescending there Martin. Sorry.

This may seem irrelevent but it kinda isn't...

Some guy i went to college with once told me that he didn't trust asians because a friend of his was raped by one.

So point being, if she had been raped by a white guy I doubt he would walk around teh country saying he didnt' trust white men. Bercasue its teh majority of people.

Same as when a load of psychos inteh USA go on killing sprees or start cults, most of em tend to me white, so yeah, people dont walk around lookign suspiciously at every white guy, because that'd be silly now wouldn't it?

So yeah, its easy to make "the other" the enemy. but really there's far more inoocent and well meaning brown asian looking males in this country and around the world than there are terrorists. and yet we feel if we try and act suspiciously towards all of them it will somehow make this world a better place.

I'm not sayng a guy who happens to be muslim and looks suspicious or is carrying somethgn around his waist (and thats where yoru original post nanook starts to border on teh daily mail side of propaganda) shouldn't have strict security searches. However i think its better we just deal with heightened security rather than start targeting all muslim looking males. SHoudl all muslims start wearing little muslim badges? In different colours? TO let you know if we're high risk or not? Would that be nice for you people?

Surely you can understand where the sentiment comes from? I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but the roots of anti-Muslim sentiment are clear.

I DON'T WANT to moderate my lifestyle so as not to offend a minority of people whose religious viewpoint I find frankly bizarre.
I have the utmost respect for people who have religious beliefs, and I am happy for people to believe whatever they want, live their lives the way they want and follow whatever path they think is right.

very very condescending there Martin. Sorry.

Yeah, probably condescending but I am genuinely horrified by the way the worst of the press (which I read when I find it on my train to work) is currently representing this religion. It's encouraging hatred against people who - basically - don't deserve it. It's the murder of thousands of Muslims in the middle East by stupid US aggression which is fomenting the suicide terrorism - not the religion which has pacified and stabilised huge swathes of the planet for hundreds of years...

I am profoundly uncomfortable that most people's knowledge of this religion is being solely created by this area of the press. Given the facts they present (and no others) I'd be busy getting a baseball bat ready and heading out to find these evil people myself! I personally don't want to moderate my life-style in any way to accomodate Islam - and, here's the thing, MOST MUSLIMS WOULDN'T EXPECT ME TO.

surely you can do....

1. Who bombed this or that country this or that time for a debatable reason?
a. Mickey Mouse
b. WWF Wrestlers
c. Darth Vader
d. Western Military forces, mainly aged between 20-40

we're all as bad as eachother

Yes - gross oversimplification of one of the most complex issues of our time by a tabloid press which profit handsomely by promoting discord and conflict (note how newspaper circulation and TV news audience figures always spike noticeably in times of conflict - Murdoch's been making hay with this knowledge ever since the Falklands).

I expect the vast majority of Muslims couldn't give a fig about whether you want to understand more about their religion or not. Nor are the 'hand-wringers' on the left chastising you for not doing so.

*But* my issue with the screed above is not just that I feel that the author was just dying to insert 'Asian', 'Middle Eastern' or 'dark-skinned' into the profile he was using, but also that it lacks an understanding of the fundamental issues here:

1. The largest state sponsor of the 'training camps' is not Iran, Saddam's Iraq or North Korea, but Saudi Arabia, a supposed US/UK ally.
2. The intelligence provided to these groups comes not from the intelligence services of the 'Axis Of Evil', but from sympathetic sources in the Pakistani ISI, opposed to the US-backed Musharraf regime.
3. Aside from genuinely sociopathic examples like Ramzi Youssef (currently in solitary in a US Maximum Security facility), the perpetrators of these acts are by and large the same disaffected young men that you and I once were, and they are duped into performing these acts by people who are using Islam as a unifying force to achieve their own political ends. Note that none of the imams are going in with a bomb vest on themselves, just as neither Tony nor George are going in with a flak jacket themselves*.

J.

* - nor are they in a million years going to let their own offspring fight, but they may expect or demand it of yours one day...

If you hadnt noticed Al Q actually want western countries to both fear and hate Muslims, Osama has a simple aim, to destroy the reationship between Saudi and the West, and nothing else (do some research into his background), this is one of his methods. We (esp our press) are helping, its obviously working!

Now I hold very little truck with any religion, especially the less tollerant ones, eg the fundementalist Christians/Jews/Muslims are among the worst (tho there are plenty of others causing death and misery eg fundemenatalist Sikhs and Hindus). The US has a fundementalist terrorist in charge for gawd sake.

However that does not mean I should hate of fear Muslims in general, tho I would rather they just forgot their faith and started seeing themselves as humans living on planet earth, but that is me personally.

As for the questionnarie I'll try to put one together in me lunch hour!

Now forgive me if i am condescending, but I shall try not to be.

you say that anti Muslim sentiment is understandable. And you dont say its right but you aslo don't say its wrong.

And yet you find muslims viewpoints frankly bizarre.

and yet you dont ACTUALLY want to know what muslims viewpoints actually are or are not.

so what you're saying is, that youy ASSUME that muslim viewpoints are bizarre, you dont want to change yoru life for muslims, (implying Muslims should have to change their lives en masse?) you dont want to learn about what actual muslim viewpoints are, and you condone people who are bigoted towards muslims.

Hmmm I'm trying not to be condescending but that sounds like ignorance on a grand scale.

i'm not sure if i'm understanding this right but i was wondering where did it come from. some tedious right wing group off the internet?
as jpsy... said you can find acts carried out by heaps of different groups of individuals from all over the planet and use them to justify many european and western countries have commited (overtly or covertly) "terrorist" actions.

ps: i really dont have time to go looking for lists of atrocities that have been carried out by british/american/chinese/etc etc

Who murdered millions of jews in the second world war? was it...

A - margeret thatcher
B - A jumped up Christian with a good education and an attiude problem

or

C - Young Muslim males between the ages of 17 and 40 who had witness hundreds of their breathren murdered in ongoing wars and oppression

Who ordered the massacre of thosands of Vietaminse, over a war NOTHING to do with them, in cold blooded greed - was it

A - Mister Whippy
B - Muslim Males, between 17 and 40 with not much artillery and only brain power to work on

and finally

who murdered the Kurds in Iraq - was it

A - Iran with money given to them BY america in order to gain the monopoly over future oil

B - Saddam Housain with a chemical gas he had NO WAY of making and NO evidence of storage

or C - An american President with a stick up his arse and his head in the clouds

Back