your current favourite piece of art

I completely forgot to update this topic. My friend Lesley's animation finally went live late last year, showing on Channel 4 as part of their Random Acts series. It will also now feature at the Toronto film festival in summer. Nic, who served as editor, has a section on her website (posted a few months ago if you scroll back) with photos of some of the props she made for it under Other Things off the top of my head. Anyway, Spatulahead. This is it:

http://vimeo.com/74584231

:wub:

That was absolutely amazing. It ended at the perfect moment, had me laughing.

This is the first animation I ever did sound for, (quite recently), it's not my current favourite piece of art, but I'd love some feedback on it:

"Each painting is constructed by beginning with a monochrome underpainting in the complement of the featured subject. Subsequent layers of semi-opaque through to transparent colors follow with up to ten passes before the end result is achieved. The process is in essence a modified version of techniques used by Northern European Masters, Vermeer being of the greatest in influence." Dennis Wojtkiewicz
translucent-oil-paintings-of-fruit-by-dennis-wojtkiewicz-10.jpg
translucent-oil-paintings-of-fruit-by-dennis-wojtkiewicz-2.jpg
translucent-oil-paintings-of-fruit-by-dennis-wojtkiewicz-11.jpg
translucent-oil-paintings-of-fruit-by-dennis-wojtkiewicz-9.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what Google's doing here going deeper into neural networks

- but it seems like some sort of feedback loop is letting the computers find animals in the sky!

Funny-Animals.png

hope some more hi-res images surface soon - but there's some wonderful random pics so far

image-dream-map.png

6e8d3c57-f283-4f63-94cd-9299a160f80d-620x372.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
some more craziness from neural network feedback dreaming computers:
GoogleIncep_5.jpg

GoogleIncep_3-615x385.jpg

^that's bonkers eh - it's like compared to the pic above, the computers have looked at the field long enough to imagine they can see a whole city skyline in the foreground and...is that a bicycle top left? It thought it was a Hippo before!

I just saw Google has released a version of that deepdream iterative image feedback mayhem and there's user images surfacing with <hashtag>deepdream. Here's a few of them so far:

CI5tF1NWoAAGdmN.jpg

^ProfLeary - with some sort of indian temple pillar above his shoulder and phantom hounds in the background

proxy.jpg

^apparently started off as a half-eaten doughnut!

CI5Xwq8UEAEnmpK.jpg

^?! woah! I'm loving the puppy dog knees!

a dozen or so images on flickr

fennecfoxen-screengrab-deepdream.PNG

CI871R0WwAA3Is-.jpg

I've not explored it all yet - but looks like there's another texture it can make too

Back