--== MUSIC PRODUCTION FAQ ==-- Please read first

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Most questions have already been asked before (some more than once!) so if you need information about anything specific to electronic music production, check here before you start a thread as you might find what you need. If you have any suggestions for further threads to put here, please contact me, or any of the moderating team.

List of online resources for synth programming
Soft Synths
What monitors?
Psy collective sample bank
PC sound cards
Music Technology degrees
Help with drums and percussion
Essential plugins
CD decks
Compression
Compression #2 - including compression and mortgage advice from Ott
General Psytrance production tips
Mastering
Updating Cubase SX v2 and v3
Sending demo CDs
Mixing in-the-box vs. external summing
Kick and Bassline EQ
How to get a full bass sound - also Speakafreaka's Sawtooth Basses Made Simple posts here.
Everything you ever wanted to know about FM Synthesis (and a good deal you didn't)
Sample download links
Studio Ergonomics - back pain, RSI etc.
Tank FX - a non-virtual reverb unit
Kick tutorials
MIDI files of Classical Music
Acapellas
Psy-Muri's Psy-Tech Sample Library
Music Theory For Beginners
Performing Live Sets With Ableton Live
Mixdowns for Beginners v1.01
Ableton Live Keyboard Shortcuts
Teh Disco Trash Fizzy Make Shit Sound Better Manual 0.71
Making Pads and Atmospheric Sounds
Music Production on Linux
Online Tutorials

There is also an excellent selection of links on the Isratrance FAQ which covers a very wide range of subjects. For help with specific items of hardware or software, your first post of call should be the manual or user guide.

FAQ Change Log

04/01/06 - Added "Mixing in-the-box vs. external summing"
30/01/06 - Added "Kick and Bassline EQ"
22/05/06 - Added "How to get a full bass sound"
22/06/06 - Added "Everything you ever wanted to know about FM Synthesis (and a good deal you didn't)"
26/09/06 - Added "Sample download links"
11/12/06 - Added "Studio Ergonomics - back pain, RSI etc."
12/02/07 - Added "Tank FX - a non-virtual reverb unit"
08/03/07 - Added "Kick tutorials"
23/03/07 - Added "MIDI files of Classical Music"
13/06/07 - Added "Acapellas"
16/07/07 - Added "Psy-Muri's Psy-Tech Sample Library"
10/08/07 - Added "Music Theory For Beginners"
23/11/07 - Added "Performing Live Sets With Ableton Live"
04/04/08 - Added "Mixdowns for Beginners v1.01"
04/04/08 - Added "Ableton Live Keyboard Shortcuts"
24/04/08 - Added "Teh Disco Trash Fizzy Make Shit Sound Better Manual 0.71"
28/06/08 - Updated FAQ links following forum upgrade (thanks to Biggins and Squagnut for pointing this out)
23/11/08 - Added "Making Pads and Atmospheric Sounds"
21/01/09 - Added "Music Production on Linux"
28/05/09 - Added "Online Tutorials"
05/08/09 - Edited "Compression" to fix dead link. Link now points to a search for threads about compression. (Thanks JFvD)
04/12/09 - Added "Speakafreaka's Sawtooth Basses Made Simple" posts
30/06/10 - Added "Compression #2"
05/02/11 - Added "List of online resources for synth programming"

Hello! I'm new to the forum, sorry to revive such an old thread, but I can't access any of the links on the list... it just redirects me to the forum homepage. Help, anyone? Thanks :Smile3:

Hi, welcome :Smile3: Unfortunately, since I made that thread the forum has undergone various updates and upgrades which mean that the format for thread links has changed, and the links there no longer work. However the threads are still there, so you might want to copy the thread title you want to find, and enter it in the search page - make sure you restrict the search to the Music Production forum. Hopefully this will bring up all the threads which relate to that topic.

Helo ,

I tried copying the link names and searching with the music production filter and i was unable to find threads or post with the same name . just found some useless posts that contains these headings .

Could you please help here as i wanted to badly read all these topics.

thank you !

Those threads are all still there, I think, but you might have to dig through the search results for them. I'm very sorry but I no longer have the free time to spend two hours doing the digging for people :Smile3: I suggest you also join the Psytrance Producers' Forum on Facebook and ask your questions there. It's very active and has a lot of very knowledgeable people there.

Helo ,

I tried copying the link names and searching with the music production filter and i was unable to find threads or post with the same name . just found some useless posts that contains these headings .

Could you please help here as i wanted to badly read all these topics.

thank you !

If you right-click any link and copy it, you can see which number the thread had, see example
https://www.psymusic.co.uk

Once you find the number (which in this case is 63215), u can search for it using the search funtion in the forum. That will bring you the thread.

Most questions have already been asked before (some more than once!) so if you need information about anything specific to electronic music production, check here before you start a thread as you might find what you need. If you have any suggestions for further threads to put here, please contact me, or any of the moderating team.

List of online resources for synth programming
Soft Synths
What monitors?
Psy collective sample bank
PC sound cards
Music Technology degrees
Help with drums and percussion
Essential plugins
CD decks
Compression
Compression #2 - including compression and mortgage advice from Ott
General Psytrance production tips
Mastering
Updating Cubase SX v2 and v3
Sending demo CDs
Mixing in-the-box vs. external summing
Kick and Bassline EQ
How to get a full bass sound - also Speakafreaka's Sawtooth Basses Made Simple posts here.
Everything you ever wanted to know about FM Synthesis (and a good deal you didn't)
Sample download links
Studio Ergonomics - back pain, RSI etc.
Tank FX - a non-virtual reverb unit
Kick tutorials
MIDI files of Classical Music
Acapellas
Psy-Muri's Psy-Tech Sample Library
Music Theory For Beginners
Performing Live Sets With Ableton Live
Mixdowns for Beginners v1.01
Ableton Live Keyboard Shortcuts
Teh Disco Trash Fizzy Make Shit Sound Better Manual 0.71
Making Pads and Atmospheric Sounds
Music Production on Linux
Online Tutorials

There is also an excellent selection of links on the Isratrance FAQ which covers a very wide range of subjects. For help with specific items of hardware or software, your first post of call should be the manual or user guide.

OOOD on FB || Audio Services
Out now - OOOD album #6 - 'Deep Flight'
Like Quote Reply
Reactions:tazz, Kreza and Frank E

Back