Please critique my track

Kick-Flip

Forum Member
Reaction score
Looking to improve this where I can.
Parts you like? Parts are boring? Arrangement? Please let me know.
I am thinking perhaps the break after 1:35 needs another synth line coming in?

Thank you
Track is here:

Last edited:
Im not going to offer any advice on your production as i dont make psy but i thought this tune was alright , i liked that it had a nice minimal feel ,not sure if you would see that as good or bad , keep it up and enjoy making the music

Thas pretty good Musher....
Could add more whizzy psy noises and drops and stuff.... liked the talky bits... good samples...
The big question is.... wos it like on an e
Does it dance....
I reckon we'd all be quite happy with that... :Smile3:

I'm enjoying this!
The intro was really interesting, it was sounding great, the drop into the main kick/bass was rad
This might seem counterintuitive, but I've been listening to a lot of old(er) goa lately--

I reckon you could get a lot more out of each element by opening the bandwidth up on the EQ for each section
Everything sounds super clean and very tight (this is a great track and you should be proud of it,) but to my ears there's something missing from the low-mids-- information which is already there but has been cut out with super-slopey notches

I would have been grimacing and throwing hands to this track but if I were to chin-stroke, I'd say that you'd be best off not doubting yourself...
Everything you've got going there sounds great, it's psychedelic and trancey as fuck, but it all seems a little band-limited to me-- cutting way too many frequencies. I want to hear more of the detail of the individual tracks you've got going there, and you've cut something subtle out of the low mids of the bassline that I'd like to hear :Wink3:

Rad fucken track, I like it a lot :Dance4:

Thank you very much for you kind words and feedback for how to improve this. This is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I'm going to take your information to heart as I complete this track. I have spent a decent amount of time on it already and want it to be great when I done with it. Regarding the bass, I moved country / apartments 3 months ago and had to sell the monitors I used for 10 years. I have a smaller pair of monitors now and I'm mostly working on headphones, which is not helpful in this regard. I'll try take the track over to a friend who also has some monitors and maybe I can get a better judgement of these problematic areas in the low-end.

Again, thank you for the feedback, much love friend :joint:
Yves

No worries mate! Seriously, this kicks hard and it would fit really well in a modern psy DJ mix, I'm just picking hairs because you asked for feedback!

Back