Seeking royalty free drum loop libraries

tallsimon

I look like a badly faxed Daniel Day Lewis
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link or two for royalty free drum loop libraries?

Wav loops and/or MIDI loops

MIDI loops would be better (if not rarer) as they are editable and assignable to a favourite software drumkit.

Many thanks in advance.

(I know I know, Google, but you guys might have vetted more sites than a google bot)

What sort of thing are you after, Simon?
I have a fairly large, but very disorganised collection of stuff that I'd be happy to share. I also have access to another online library, which has masses of stuff of all genres.
Trouble is that "royalty free" doesn't mean free, and obviously, there are loads of places selling stuff online, and also a lot of free stuff.
Looperman is a free source that immediately springs to mind, and I've found some good things on there.

I also have access to a "stem extractor", which can do a pretty decent job of breaking audio down into stems, and I've extracted some really good drum samples using it, so if there's a particular bit of drumming an a track, that you'd like to use, then that's an option, too. I don't know what the potential copyright issues might be with that sort of thing, and frankly, I don't care, Ah-Haar! 🏴‍☠️

Last edited:
What sort of thing are you after, Simon?
I have a fairly large, but very disorganised collection of stuff that I'd be happy to share. I also have access to another online library, which has masses of stuff of all genres.
Trouble is that "royalty free" doesn't mean free, and obviously, there are loads of places selling stuff online, and also a lot of free stuff.
Looperman is a free source that immediately springs to mind, and I've found some good things on there.

As broad and diverse a range as possible. I'm terrible at drum programming and don't have the space for an electronic kit, which oddly I find easier......
I will check Looperman soon. Thankyou. I'd be very interesting in acquiring trusted loops from you, especially if you haven't used them yet! Also interested in collaboration btw.

I also have access to a "stem extractor", which can do a pretty decent job of breaking audio down into stems, and I've extracted some really good drum samples using it, so if there's a particular bit of drumming an a track, that you'd like to use, then that's an option, too. I don't know what the potential copyright issues might be with that sort of thing, and frankly, I don't care, Ah-Haar! 🏴‍☠️
this is fascinating. Reminds me of recycle in a way. there's some trip hop beats in a song from a defunct outfit I want to nab for the recording session over christmas.

Thanks so much for this. Keep in touch either here or facebook and lets take it from there.

I'll have a trawl through my collection and see what I can find for you.
If you'd like to send me the track you mentioned, I'll have a go at extracting the drum track for you. :Smile3:

you're a generous and kind gentleman, thankyou!

Back