Scary rise in nationalism...

I used to live in Luton. i have a dark complection, and as a kid became very tanned in summer . i was walking to school one day and someone called me a paki for the first time .Ive no idea about my bloodlines more than 3 generations back. My parents are both british , some people when they realised i didnt actually fit into their definition of that demeaning racist term ,would try to pat me on the back ,like im all of a sudden a mate of theirs. no fukn way .I saw asian kids trying to hide away cultural differences , and try ten times as hard to be accepted or just to get on with their lives. it must have been living hell for them.
Luton has many people of vastly different ethnic minority .And lots of haters ,i remember hearing Berry Park refered to as "Blackberry Park" by casual school kid racists .
Today in Devon , i hear too much people saying "thats the good type of racism" people fear what they dont understand . some people never will understand , they overstand with Intolerance and overeaction .There is a shift in power in the world ,depends how into power we are as to how we react to it.

be nice to each other ....not TOO nice ,coz thats creepy .lol :imad:

very nice :Smile3: i don't know what 'the good type of racism' means, but personally i hold the view that it's wise to show temperance in all aspects of life, which may include moderating your own reactions to intolerance.

Someone from 'Scottish Gas' came to my door trying to get me to switch energy providers.
Told him that just encourages Separatists.
Can't be done with Scottish Nationalists.

Back