Scary rise in nationalism...

what??...getting £60 a week, + housing etc....
I know people that live on half that.

likewise, you know him not...
HYpothetically, he may have been a primary school teacher, a nurse, a soldier, a doctor.....whatever...
he'd still get nowt.

seeing my point yet??? :Wink3:

In that someone who contributes to our society, and has done for YEARS (probably longer than both of us have been alive, if he was a steel worker)...gets nowt.
Vagrant, gets more than he does, and contributes nothing.

Vagrant? Fuckin hell Nanook

Glad Im not a steel worker that has lost his job his house and all else and now is a vagrant - God Jah forbid that we have a welfare based society that cares about people* enough to give them a handout when they have fuck all and nook on the basis of your age related calculation using I or one of the other more mature of years forumers means the steel worker in question would be getting a state pension not job seekers or a.n.other benefit but your slippery slope into Daily Mail impotent rage about how the down trodden are so well looked after whilst middle england goes to the hunt dogs continues unabated

*albeit not very well

I think a basic guaranteed income would work better than the welfare state and am fairly convinced by various arguements that it would be better for society and for the environment.

Ah yes, but alas, when has things being better for society and for the environment ever really informed the political decisions around this topic?

I dunno, but degrees of basic income already exist, are being seriously propesed (as part of IPCC response suggestions, EU too,) and recently had a trial in a Namibian village that seemed to go pretty well as far as I know. Hopefully it will be something that will increasingly be taken seriously by majour political parties.

Vagrant? Fuckin hell Nanook

What??

As discribed by the Websters dictionary:

''1 a: one who has no established residence and wanders idly from place to place ''...

You didn't think I meant prostitute did you (the other traditional meening of ''Vagrant''....).....

.....or surelly you didnt think I meant Vagraunt??....(Middle English term of wandering, lost)??

So yes, Someone who has no established residence and wander idly.......

Whats the problem.....???

you think you're so clever, don't you??

ALWAYS sniping, like a child in the fucking playground.

Oh boy... this is the stuff of legend. Apparently as part of the BNP Yoof programme, they've bought a bog-standard puppet toy and got it to spew racist nonsense on YouTube. So one of the bloggers on our side has not only bought the same puppet and made them look stupid*, but has inadvertantly done a video with far better production values than the original.

SepticIsle said:
Somewhat connected is that the mighty Tim Ireland has rather outdone the BNP's "Billy Brit" horror show by purchasing the exact same puppet (which happens to be American) and noting that some "white" heroes aren't all that they seem:

J.

* - I know, even fish in a barrel are a more difficult target to hit.

Oh boy... this is the stuff of legend. Apparently as part of the BNP Yoof programme, they've bought a bog-standard puppet toy and got it to spew racist nonsense on YouTube. So one of the bloggers on our side has not only bought the same puppet and made them look stupid*, but has inadvertantly done a video with far better production values than the original.

J.

Brilliant...

I'd already pissed myself laughing over the original Billy Brit but that's excellent!

For those that missed Billy's hit smash 'The Reds Smell' - here it is for your personal enjoyment... It's just shit on so many levels, sound recording, barely keeping time on their instruments, video production, lyrics ("I laugh at commies and I make them cry // I'm BNP and I tell no lie"), everything is just completely rubbish...

Hilarious/shit scary it's aimed at kids!

bit of a weird one to parody, actually, what with AC/DC being born in Britain but choosing to live in Australia :Wink3:

bit of a weird one to parody, actually, what with AC/DC being born in Britain but choosing to live in Australia :Wink3:
I may be needing a flame-proof suit for saying this, but, AC/DC (love 'em) aside, isn't that what a lot of British racists did after the '50s? A significant amount of the worst racist vitriol I've seen on the internet message boards seems to come from Aussie ex-pats...

J.

J.

I just watched the video thats in response to I think called 'Heroes' - it lists figures in English history like Boadicea and points out that they were all white (who would have thunk it...).

The BNP's conflation of nationalism and racism made me think - why is nationalism perceived as OK and racism unacceptable? Why is it OK to be proud of being British but not OK to be proud of being white? Isnt it essentially the same thing - using arbitrary differentiators that people mostly have no control over to feel superior at the expense of others, and often to justify treating the other by a different yardstick?

I know this point has already been made, but in the end we are all human beings. The other identities that people tend to adopt, mostly religious, national (and sometimes racial) identities, are artificial constructs that only serve to set us apart from one another. Seeing ourselves as inherently different to one another can only lead to conflict IMO. So how can identifying yourself as British (or whatever) before identifying as a human being ever be positive?

I may be needing a flame-proof suit for saying this, but, AC/DC (love 'em) aside, isn't that what a lot of British racists did after the '50s? A significant amount of the worst racist vitriol I've seen on the internet message boards seems to come from Aussie ex-pats...J.

i travelled and lived in Asia and Australia for almost 4 years, the worst racial abuse i got was in Australia which was really fucked up as these people's descendents were from UK... it was my first time experiencing rascist abuse..it's really shit... what's going on in our country at the moment; nationalism, BMP etc. is bothering me.. we dont want all this shit going on, and if the BMP get in it will be like going back to the dark ages...

I
The BNP's conflation of nationalism and racism made me think - why is nationalism perceived as OK and racism unacceptable? Why is it OK to be proud of being British but not OK to be proud of being white?

it's ok to be proud to be black,white,orange,purple.. it's not ok to diss them

the BPM believe all the problems in this country are due to the foreigners, they believe if we kick them out of the country then all will be fine, they are deluding themselves

speak for yourself!

i'm proud to have feet :iyes: i have more than the average number of feet!

Why should anyone take pride in what is essentially a complete accident of birth?

you should be proud of,accept yourself instead of viewing yourself as an accident/freak of nature which is (whether or not they care to admit it) exactly how the BMP view foreigners,mixed race marriages/communities and homosexuals

you should be proud of,accept yourself instead of viewing yourself as an accident/freak of nature which is (whether or not they care to admit it) exactly how the BMP view foreigners,mixed race marriages/communities and homosexuals

Just because I see colour as irrelevant to who I am means I dont accept myself or see myself as a freak of nature? I dont get it...

I am proud of myself (sometimes :P), its just that my skin colour plays no part in what I view as 'myself'... And it shouldnt right, because in the end it is essentially meaningless unless you choose to give it meaning - and look where that ends up...

Back