A CD matrix that never dies

Zaven

Time to prime..
Reaction score
I'm gonna fucking Cry.. :sob:

My cd case is fine, yet My mother fuckin DOUBLE DIPPED fuckin DATA PROTECTED shit fucking gay VERBATIM EXTRA-LONG-LIFE fucking cunt CD's just flake away like a fucking LEPPAR..

:silly:

Why is it my commercially purchased CD's NEVER FUCKING FLAKE even after I FUCK THEM WITH A WIRE BRUSH???

What CD's (regardless the FUCKING PRICE) will ensure my music will live on past 2000 and FUCKING 5...??

There's a prize for the answer.

It's not the actual matrix, it's the data film that flakes. WTFFFFFFFFFF??

:sob:

Iv'e had that happen a couple of times (i think).
On mine the foil stuff started bubbling up on the back of the CD and peeling off resulting in a loss of data.

Having said that, I do use cheap (£18/100) 'Mr Data' CD's.
Mostly they're fine. I thought it was caused by oil from fingerprints attacking the film and also thought that to prevent it happening, all I needed to do was to fit a label to protect the film. Not tried it yet though.

Oil on my fingers?! Y'mean my gal's totally toxic to CD's?

:crazy:

Never. Though all her burned CD's are fucked and flakey. Shit. :!:

Oh yeah. Stickies, I forgot, I bought those already, just forgot to keep sticking them on. :o

Shit me. Fuck. Arse. (In that order.) :blink:

Still, if anyone knows of the propper commercial CDs you can burn to - you'll get the prize.

:wizard1:

Some have a real thin layer of like kit kat wrappers, which are cheap as f**k.

And some like the best TDK, are kinda laminated with a plasticy layer on top of the tin foil stuff, which are better.

Other than that best audio ones are "HHB" CDR's they are available from Digital Village, for about £2 each, and are what Pro studios use for demo's... I'm told !?

what prize :Wink3: :Grin:

Zaven said:
Still, if anyone knows of the propper commercial CDs you can burn to - you'll get the prize.

I'd love it if it were possible - but as far as I'm aware the process to make commercial CDs - starting with a 'glass cut' master where the 'pits' are literally etched into the disc surface can't possibly work the same way as CD-Rs do, which use a layer of ink to simulate the pits in a glass-cut CD.

No doubt some bright spark will come up with a way to at least get something close though. :Smile3:

J.

Right, that would explaine alot... I'll just have to paste stickies on the top surface of the CD if it's gonna live to 3yrs+..
That, and back it all up on a removable HD.

I thought commercial CD's were etched with a laser from the underside - the usual method of burning. Perhaps they burn a little deeper into a more dense matrix film or something... :?

C($&ing C%$*..

Back