Curse of the 2/3rds track...

fuzzikitten said:
Or maybe it doesn't need the third act?

It doesn't.

Just mix it and move on to the next one you fucking big pansy.

It sounds great.

A bit bonkers, but great.

:? :speaker: :?

Oh - and turn the fucking bass up for God's sake...

Can hardly hear it.

lol

er, um, thanks.... I think.

:Wink3:

I'll just get to mixing then... and turning up the bass.

:Smile3:

-Alex

Maybe I didn't play hard enough? :lol:

But then after all them complaints about fret noise I'm almost scared to touch the damn strings these days.

LOL

No no, I accidentally left a plug-in off the bass on that last export, so it came out all quiet.

Maybe I was subconsciously trying to make the track 'bigger' by hiding the best bits, eh? :Wink3:

fuzzikitten - it sounds great. leave it alone, stop poking it. :Smile3:

and the same to shroomy - very nice production, and it's gone full circle. it just need to drift away into nothing i reckon. I'd buy this. :Smile3:

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, peeps. Getting more inspired by the minute here... :Grin:

Shroomy said:
Thank you very much for the positive feedback, peeps. Getting more inspired by the minute here... :Grin:

Sounds absolutely ace. What a glorious bunch of pads... I really could listen to those for hours on end.

Just one minor thing... reckon your bassist would need to do a proper take along to the final arrangement when you have it... this'll sort the ever so slight timing issue out and make it sound less like a loop.

IMVHO.

Shroomy - sounds lovely.

Who's that on bass? Sounds a bit familiar...

Warwick Bassmonkey said:
Sounds absolutely ace. What a glorious bunch of pads... I really could listen to those for hours on end.

Just one minor thing... reckon your bassist would need to do a proper take along to the final arrangement when you have it... this'll sort the ever so slight timing issue out and make it sound less like a loop.

IMVHO.

Yes, new takes would be great. I'll let you know when it's done... :Wink3:

Ott^ said:
Shroomy - sounds lovely.

Who's that on bass? Sounds a bit familiar...

Thank you. That's the Bassmonkey on bass, but I reckon you already knew, eh? :Wink3:

Warwick Bassmonkey said:

And give you a chance to be a bit more virtuoso, naturally. :Grin: :Wink3:

Shroomy - "Two Tums Fresh!", nicely done!

J.

Warwick Bassmonkey said:
ever so slight timing issue out and make it sound less like a loop.

1. Chris is one of the most distinctive musicians I've ever heard - I'd know his playing anywhere.

2. The only person that would ever think the timing of the bass on that track was even slightly iffy would be him having played it. If it was anyone else's playing he wouldn't be remotely critical of it.

Bloody nice bit of bass that.

I reckon you should get that whole take though like he offered cos he's amazing if he's got an arrangement to play over.

Shroomy - very nice man! I really like the spacious feeling in the track, very floaty and open.

As for the 2/3rds curse... I don't know if it applies here, I think the track's done. The first melody that drifts in at 1:30 is where the track has come back to, so it feels like the whole thing has come 'full circle'. Granted, I guess if you had some 'big' sounding synth lead you could take it around for another section, but it doesn't feel like it needs it to me.

Well done! :Smile3:

Thought you lot might like to know that I've enjoyed this thread so much that I've finally started writing chilled stuff. Here is the start of things. Love to know what you think. Oh and please be careful with your speakers, there is LOADS of proper trouser flapping bass in this . Turn the volume down, just in case it isn't sounding like I think it is. The MP3 is at 192. It isn't finished yet, so really a 2/3rds track, none of this faffing around with finished tracks :Wink3:

Mark's Great Big Gigantic Trip

My mate Mark is leaving the UK for good, so I thought I'd write something for him before he left. Running out of time though!

Back