Euphoric Trance on CD?

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
Dunno if this is the right place, but itz about tunes, so maybe :Grin:

Having recently been converted to Cdj (to the total disgust of my vinyl-djing friends hehe), I'm looking to get all my choonz on CD, I really cant be arsed to record all my vinyl (dont have time, and it aint gonna sound the same anywayz) so if anyone can tell me where I might b able to find unmixed CD's of euphoric trance/hard trance/progressive trance/hard house that would b wikid! I have a few dj-friendly cd sets, but doesnt seem to be allot around, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?! Any websites/shop namez appriciated!

(i know this is a psy forum, but psy is damn easy to find so I dont need to ask :irazz: )

A friend who mixes both psy and "fluffy trance" is constantly frustrated by the lack of decent releases on CD in the latter genre. He has to get most stuff on vinyl and rip it himself - he doesn't take vinyl to clubs as it's too heavy, a pain if you have to fly, needles get knocked etc.

The whole thing pisses him off so much that he's more or less dropping his more mainstream trance activities in favour of psy despite the fact that the mainstream stuff is more profitable, he likes both equally but the format is the decider.

could try asking on traceaddict.com fourms? there might be some links to record shops? Also I reckon juno records would sell that kind of stuff *stands well back with nose held and safety goggles on and prods with stick* :runsmile:

most other genres are still on vinyl singles. House, DNB, PROGHOUSE, BREAKS<shitTRANCE, techno....

when i got into techouse and prog, i was pissed off that i couldn't get many decent cd singles, so i got a pair of 1210's for oher styles....and also i do think psy and trance are the only genres that really works on CD's.....

One of my mates plays mainly tech-trance on CD decks - and. like trance, most of it just isnt released on CDs - although playing on CD can be handy for getting stuf pre-release if you know the lables or artists - fraid that ripping stuff from vinyl is probably the only way at the momment.

recover records have a few 'decent' hard dance/trance atrists releasing with them - K90 for example

i think i heard that tin rib as a label had folded but there used to be a few bits on there i quite liked - think it had a lot to do with the Hoover's though

people like nuw idol, weirdo, zen terrorists, lab4, k90 have definitely released/ are releasing ion CD as i have piles of tunes here by them

also i think one inch as a label may very well also be releasing to CD - dunno about any more as i havent worked in that scene or a couple of years now

dave arc-i said:
recover records have a few 'decent' hard dance/trance atrists releasing with them - K90 for example

i think i heard that tin rib as a label had folded but there used to be a few bits on there i quite liked - think it had a lot to do with the Hoover's though

people like nuw idol, weirdo, zen terrorists, lab4, k90 have definitely released/ are releasing ion CD as i have piles of tunes here by them

also i think one inch as a label may very well also be releasing to CD - dunno about any more as i havent worked in that scene or a couple of years now

Tinrib folded quite a bit a go - but they did use to have a burning service where you could order their tunes on CD - likewise - the very wonderful Nuw Idol if you go to http://www.wellwicked.com youc an order tunes direct from Michel

The Zens, Weirdo, lab4 & K90 have all released albums on CD - but dont think they ever really do new stuff on CD (could be wrong about lab4 though) - and if you like that lot - you'll probably enjoy Flashpoint by Opal which came out on CD a few years ago...

If you fancied getting all retro - the three Escape from Samsara CDs are all unmixed - but do sound quite dated now.

dave arc-i said:
people like nuw idol, weirdo, zen terrorists, lab4, k90 have definitely released/ are releasing on CD

Yep, most of the 'bigger' name non-psy producers are already releasing albums (unmixed)...SCOTT PROJECT, A*S*Y*S, LAB4, PVD, Guy McCaffer (techno), etc. There's plenty out there.
:ibiggrin:

miszt said:
thanx wolo, unfortunetly I'm not happy about playing mp3'z over a PA, but I'll chek them out anywayz :Grin:

word.
i dont understand why people are into mp3's, even hi fi ones. To me they sound terrible and for that reason will never use that format unless im sending a track via the internet for preiew and sampler purposes.

cameron-nagualsound said:
word.
i dont understand why people are into mp3's, even hi fi ones. To me they sound terrible and for that reason will never use that format unless im sending a track via the internet for preiew and sampler purposes.

Agreed, there is such a markedly different quality between lossless audio and compressed audio... it may be subtle when listening on crappy computer speakers... but when listening on a big PA or rig, there is a big enough difference between the glistening powerful cd's and the burnt .mp3s for me to feel uncomfortable... :iconfused

BeatNik said:
Agreed, there is such a markedly different quality between lossless audio and compressed audio... it may be subtle when listening on crappy computer speakers... but when listening on a big PA or rig, there is a big enough difference between the glistening powerful cd's and the burnt .mp3s for me to feel uncomfortable... :iconfused

Yeah? I always found it harder to tell on a big rig rather than easier.

But the site also offer WAVs anyway.

Rolo.

yeah but mp3 thru a p.a?

ugh!

just stick to the vinyls miszty - they're your friend!!!

that reminds me...i still need to rip those VANDIT choons for yer....ill get on the case, you can start your collection off then

silky said:
yeah but mp3 thru a p.a?

ugh!

just stick to the vinyls miszty - they're your friend!!!

that reminds me...i still need to rip those VANDIT choons for yer....ill get on the case, you can start your collection off then

noooooo pc-djing is so much more fun man!! you really need to have a go man, your gonna love it :iyes: can do so much xtra fun stuff! :dancey: and thatz wot itz about init!

they sell WAV's aswell, so itz all good, aint gonna buy mp3z! :irazz:

i'm thinking about buying some PCDJ software, mixing with VSTs is fuckloads of fun!!!

i always suspect i can hear the shittiness in mp3s (muddy mid-lowend, lack of proper sub presence, hihats sound a little bit cottony) but then sometimes i'm sure it's just suggestibility... either way i don't ever play them

i must have a coupla hundred old trance records that i'm hoping to put on cd next year, it's just one of those things really... whenever there's a spare moment i never seem to feel up to it.

I highly recomend Ableton Live 5 Aeon, I'm having great fun with it, Djing, Mixing, Remixing, and Live performance all at the same time....and in real time! With a good midi controller it really is great fun, to me its what Djing should be about, theres all this fus going on about Live performance's from artists, but to be honest thats what it should be anyway imo, thats how it started....before the 2 turntables and a mixer came in, was all samplers/dat n a drum machine...so much more fun, and way more original...I can wait to start playing out Live, still learning it at the moment of course, but next summer should see sum fun stuff coming out of misztifiedmind partiez :iyes:

Back