Fat Ladies Bingo - Loopus in Fabula

mad ron

Reaction score
Review by henry (Kamaflage records)

Loopus in Fabula "Fat ladies Bingo" Fabula Records

I don’t know what you think but I’m pretty sure the woman on the cover of this cd is Matt Lucas from little Britain. It doesn’t say in the cd inlay but it looks like him.

The first track is a funky squelchy kinda thing that harks back to cosmosis among other people as well as having the voice sample from Dexter’s massive electro stomper “Acid Lullabyâ€. I reckon I’d play this at a wedding or 21st when all the kids are coming up asking for trance but you know that any sign of fast techy bizniz would result in the Grande dame approaching the booth and mumbling something about the birthday girl’s grandmother objecting to the music (a weird thing to say at a wedding). She wouldn’t rattle her dentures over these beats. She might even shake her new hip to them. There is nothing in this track that gives any clue about whether it’s Matt Lucas on the cover or not. The second half is pure genius. Somebody give these chaps a pat on the back.

Second track is a disco tech prog sort of thing. Sounds like S Express or Bus or something I don’t know its not really the point if you wanted a better idea of what it sounded like you’d buy the cd or at least get the 4 minute demo from saiko sounds. One for the pot this one. I reckon it would go down well at a party for jaded ex trance fans but also at a Warsaw factory changing room where the guys cool off between 14 hour sessions glueing buttons.

Track 3 is classic Loopus: fast, whacky and almost certainly influenced by years of self abuse. We invitedf mateo to our sex party last year and he played this sort of stuff for two hours and didn't bat an eyelid while everyone cavorted around in suspenders and strap-ons. Legend.

Track 4. Bass geee tars out and granny is likely to pop a joint to this one so best call the ambulance while your cueing it up in the cdj 1000. I prefer the cdj 800s because they are a lighter colour and they aren’t so confusing. Its probably psychological because they are similar machines but sometimes it’s the quirks of one’s technical approach that result in musical advances. I don’t know if the eventide was designed to make psychedelic noises but lets face it without it we might not be having this conversation. So I’m sticking to the 800s.

5. This one would go in an electro set if you were that way inclined. My favourite so far. Whoever Paul Kearney is he obviously has a good influence on these diminutive Italians.

6. Sounds like insane creation without the sense of humour double bypass. Dancefloor magic.

7. Hideous fast thing that probably has a place in the world of music but that shouldn’t be played at any sort of family function.

8. Rappers delight gets the loopus up the yazoo. cucking frazy. One for the Thomson twins annual jimmy wrestling fiasco. Shamown mateo.

9. This track is called “Lets Danceâ€. Its not clear why they saved this notion for the end of the cd and in fact. After the dancefloor focused songs that dominate the early part of the cd its pretty much a wasted sentiment. I haven’t started dancing yet as I’m in bed but if I were going to dance at all it would have been during the first track. Rubbish name cool track.

conclusions: Thank you Mateo and Amigos for enough weird presettastic, rule breaking, funny bone tickling mayhem to last the customary 2 years til the next fabula records release. You guys are the best.

Henry April 2006

mad ron said:
We invited mateo to our sex party last year and he played this sort of stuff for two hours and didn't bat an eyelid while everyone cavorted around in suspenders and strap-ons. Legend.

Henry April 2006

I think he was pretty confused by the whole thing.
infront, carnal debauchery. behind, a girl taking one on repeat for three hours.

he was definately an amusing little dude. classic voice.

nice review.

did the Jefferson Airplane remix every get released?

Listened to this album last night and all I can say is WiErDNeSS1!!! Those are some funky tunes and so very unique!!

Dragongurl said:
Listened to this album last night and all I can say is WiErDNeSS1!!! Those are some funky tunes and so very unique!!

:irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl:

'tis not weird, its psy with a sense of humour!

something that most other aritists in the scene seem to lack

If you think Loopus in Fabula are weird check out texas faggot then tell me that you think Loopus is weird

:ikiss:

hippy-crit said:
:irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl: :irofl:

'tis not weird, its psy with a sense of humour!

something that most other aritists in the scene seem to lack

If you think Loopus in Fabula are weird check out texas faggot then tell me that you think Loopus is weird

:ikiss:

Loopus are pretty funky though - which is obviously a plus

spot on Ozric, haven't heard it put better than that!

Album arrived today. HOORAYYYYY!
So far so good, just had a really cheeky break in track 2!

Ozric: so if loopus got the funk, texas have the WTF, what do Squaremeat have?
(a little from column A, a little from column B IMO)

Laters..

Back