Phuture Wireless Studios

Jimbo

flying!
Reaction score
With all the amazing wonders of modern technology would it not be great to just set up your studio with no wires at all? :ibiggrin:

At the heart of the system is the Airborne wirless application pannel (AWAP) where all laptops, synthesizers, controllers, mixers and speakers are set up and calibrated. With so many air transmitting communication devices around these days like bluetooth, inferred & Ipods etc the sound and midi could be converted from a new set of left and right outputs from your outboard hardware systhesizers instead of the old 1/4" jacks. The sound then travels through the air into the AWAP for processing and then gets transmitted out to an external mixing desk for mixing then sent from the desk to a pair of moniters in the studio or the PA system. You should even be able to dim the lights down a bit through the AWAP with the remote control and you have not got off the sofa yet. Electricity? Can it fly through the air with no plugs in to 0's & 1's, how about 2's? :icool:

I like the hands on outboard hardware approach to music, it feels more real than just controlling a piece of software inside the machine. :irofl:

Jimbo said:
You should even be able to dim the lights down a bit through the AWAP with the remote control and you have not got off the sofa yet. :icool:

now your talkin' !

does it have a fridge and a kettle ? somewhere to plug your GHD's in perhaps ?

Was just thinking about this while fighting my way through a sea of cables after a gig last night.... wireless audio and MIDI and better battery technology... sooner rather than later please!

absorbentgnome said:
Latency too. All that modulation, demodulation, encryption, error checking and general squeezing of bits over radio will take a certain amount of time.

Yup - had thought of that too.

:Wink3:

Besides, once VSTis rule the world and you can run hundreds of them on your 128 core processor, there's no need for external kit!

:Wink3:

i'm just going to carry a Cray round with me :Smile3: CPU overload that, suckas!!!1

seriously tho if a wireless studio were possible my girlfriend would go weak at the knees - she feckin' HATES having wires all over our shared workspace! they're the absolute bane of her life, and cuz i'm not really tidy anyway... :S

Back