Progressive Trance Tune Up

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
I've reached the end of this one.

A chilled 8.30 immersion into progressive waters, the aim of which was to work either as a dancing track or just something to gently trip out with.

I'm heartily sick of all the *eek ekk grr waka waka bang bzzz dagadagadagadaga* style at the moment, so this is some of my more melodic and floaty stuff. Just click on the link below. I haven't come upwith a name for it yet.

CLICK

Have a listen, and let me know wether you like or loathe, as it is a bit different for me. :Smile3:

very nice :Grin: would have liked to have heard the melody that comes in in the last 3rd come in a little before tho, and fink sum slightly swishyier drumz would b nice coz utz a bit 'samey' imo, but love the feel of it anywayz, cant wait to hear it finished if itz not already.....hmm....it doesnt sound finished to me, but maybe juz a bad mp3 compression

Thx for feedback.

I thought it was finished, I've got to the point with it where adding anything seems to detract from the overall, but maybe it needs a bit more spit and polish eh? I would agree that the mp3 mixdown is not at all what I wanted, it seems to have sucked the life ( and definition ) out of the bass.

But I'm glad enjoyed the feel of it though.

coolio, not 100% sure on the kick\bass combo but apart from that great feeling to the track...
good development and really atmospheric, nice melodies, big thumbs up! :Wink3:

Over all I like what this tune sets out to do but I did find the kick distracting. To much of a popping knocking sound. Mayby a bit of eq up in the high mid range or push it deeper. The bass sound I like a lot. Its got that sticky quality. The rise and fall ebb of the tune is really nice qite sound trackie. If you know what I mean.

hmm well the kick sounded ok to me, so i played it over a couple of pa speakers, and yeah it does need a bit more punch and bass i think (i'd personally bring up the mid and bass, or maybe use a more siney-kick...but I'm not an expert so.. lol), sounded really nice tho even with the kick a bit off, and even tho it woz an mp3! :Grin:

Really like the tune... very Safi Brothers sounding :Smile3: A really nice groove - definately more of a chillout tune. I agree with geoffwitten about the kick. I think the kick needs completely replacing not just eqing - it is a bit flappy sounding. Maybe a depper slightly punchier kick would work? Also a bit of EQing on the bass might help - not sure really - I'm no expert!

Well firstly thx everyone for the feedback. The thing that has given me more headaches then anything else is the kick in this track. To the point where I am thoroughly pissed off with the rest of the track. I've gone through three different styles of kick now!

What I would say is that the bass response has gone totally tits up since I encoded it. But that is nothing new, more recently I have been refusing to encode @ 128kbps, and although I tried it here, from now on I'll be sticking to 192 at least. I am not trying to make excuses though. If it was right then it would still sound okay on MP3, and as it clearly doesn't... It needs changing :Smile3:

However.

As usual peeps here are very very spot on, and I'll whack it back on 'the desk' and endeavour to sort out the problems. Maybe sorting out the kik will give me an extra burst of creativity. I think the first section could do with another melody, and the percussion section seems to be a continual (and justly so) criticism point.

Thanks for the honesty, and hopefully, I'll revive the thread in about a month or so.

Well good luck with it. Just leave it alone for a little while and then go back to it when your head is fresh again.

Back