UK recognises China's direct rule over Tibet

solar bud

alternative NRG
Reaction score
Hmmm... I wonder if because of so called global recession the UK no longers considers the US as a big player in the future world stakes.... Whilst China are coming on strong.. gotta kiss the arse of the big player when your just a two bob kingdom :Wink3:

Hmmm... I wonder if because of so called global recession the UK no longers considers the US as a big player in the future world stakes.... Whilst China are coming on strong.. gotta kiss the arse of the big player when your just a two bob kingdom :Wink3:

Which was my thought exactly actually. :iwink:

Amazing how quickly cherished ideals get sacrificed when the chips are down. Or maybe not. I'm pretty astounded how little attention this seems to have garnered even on forums like this one, where you might expect it to cause a massive fuss.

Free Tibet . . . oh yes I remember that, it was very trendy for a while. How quaint.

oh good grief.......i get you 100%.....

imho you its a sweeping statement saying the uk recognises chinas sovereinty.....so bigs dogs balls david millbank

David Miliband, proving yet again how readily he, much like most of the rest of our government, are prepared to completely sell out principles which have been upheld and looked upon as articles of faith for years by the rest of us.

SCUM!

I'm going to have to stop hanging around with you subversives on here :Wink3:

Amazing how quickly cherished ideals get sacrificed when the chips are down. Or maybe not.

Its helps to change sides now and then.. It worked for the Italians in the 40's :Wink3:

I'm pretty astounded how little attention this seems to have garnered even on forums like this one, where you might expect it to cause a massive fuss.

Thats cause everyone is too busy giving Nanook a hard time :irolleyes

Free Tibet . . . oh yes I remember that, it was very trendy for a while. How quaint.

How British !!!

David Miliband, proving yet again how readily he, much like most of the rest of our government, are prepared to completely sell out principles which have been upheld and looked upon as articles of faith for years by the rest of us.

SCUM!

My sentiments exactly!

I hate the fact our govenment ass licks like it does. The govenment does not listen to its people. mostly run by power crazy cnuts. .. and scum with no idea of the real world. They dont give a hoot about little countrys that have nothing to plunder.. and china is the new super power with a very big asss to lick. Trade is too important to our govenment to get shirty with china. It obvious, it all about money and position on the world stage.

Wouldnt it be amazing if obama spoke out against china ... come on new boy, But of course this will never happen...

We and the US are big tough guys when it comes to picking on easy targets .. i remember reading the news the morning after the tanks went into Bagdad .. was expecting the army to have been blown to bits , instead the tanks were met by front line troops holding guns and wearing shoes and no other real protection .. what a fucking joke, we are just represented by bullys ... look at Africa, they dont really have any thing to steal now and dimonds is to risky so no intervention form any one. No help offered unless the rewards are rich and plentyfull...

Its wrong and it sucks and we know it and so does the government.

Hmmm... I wonder if because of so called global recession the UK no longers considers the US as a big player in the future world stakes.... Whilst China are coming on strong.. :Wink3:

News broke on pie first...:iwink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7741049.stm

"US economic, military and political dominance is likely to decline over the next two decades, according to American intelligence agencies.
US clout will weaken as China and India grow more powerful"

yeah, it's fair to say that slipped under the radar. whilst i am fully conversant with the idea that "poverty is the enemy of moral fortitude", i was somehow lulled into beliving that one day tibet would regain it's internationally recognised sovreignty.

i'm alarmed and shocked at the fatuousness of our elected officials. how can china ever respect us, if at the drop of a trade agreement hat, we utterly crumble. it's not like china are suddenly going to stop using the city of london or reduce the strangle hold on herion sales and distribution that they have, eh?

not that, in honesty, i've had any faith in any politician to do the right thing for the long term good of humans on this planet. cnuts all.

Can't believe what I have been reading here... ?

This most certainly got snuck in under the radar..... Completely unacceptable imho.
What to do though? Whitedog's petition is one good suggested next step.......

Reasonably prompt reply from my MP, but very non-commital:

Dear Mr Williams,

Thank you for your email. I'm concerned by what you write - as you may know, I worked with the Free Tibet society on the Dalai Lama's recent visit. I've not heard that there has in fact been a change of policy, and think it possible that the wording was unintentionally misleading, but all the more reason to clarify it. I'll investigate and report back.

I'm always pleased to find constituents on email, as it helps keep better in touch. I send updates on current issues from time to time to 3000+ constituents. Would you like to be included, if you don't already?

Yours sincxerely

Nick Palmer

I suspect it's more complicated than that. In order to finance Preznit Junior's wars, the US has basically sold China a controlling interest in their economy by selling dollars to them by the bucketload, and borrowing with interest.

This means (as was pointed out by dear old Rob"ert" Newman a few years back) that the Chinese government have the Western economies' collective balls in a vice. Were they to dump their dollars on the market, all economies underwritten by the dollar (and that includes the UK, Western Europe and much of the Middle East) would sink into a depression that would make the 1930s look like a cakewalk by comparison. China's economy would also go into a depression because the West would no longer be able to afford the goods they manufacture, but since the Chinese government isn't exactly over-worried about the human rights of its citizens, they could weather the hit much better and, being a one-party state, still be in charge of the country no matter how bad things got.

Unfortunately in this instance, cold pragmatism dictates that the national self-determination of Tibet is pretty far down the list of priorities as compared to watching your populace starve (and, with my cynical hat on, boot you out of office), so it really is the proverbial rock/hard place conundrum.

So I put it to you - while I agree that the way China has treated Tibet and its citizens has been atrocious, would you be willing to risk losing your job, your house and potentially the ability to feed yourself for the sake of a free Tibet?

J.

So I put it to you - while I agree that the way China has treated Tibet and its citizens has been atrocious, would you be willing to risk losing your job, your house and potentially the ability to feed yourself for the sake of a free Tibet?

J.

That's what it all boils down to ... we've made our bed now we gotta lay in it, even if that means puting our human side on hold in order to sustain the system that is doomed to collapse under its own weight sooner or later.

Back