Drone / Beatless / Ambient

Got a massive report due in today. Just had my first draft anihilated by my line manager! but luckily I am back ready and focused to get it done by the end of the day thanks to Cryosleep. Calming stuff.

I've been on it all day today at work again too. Chekced out the other channels, Bluemars and Voices F Within - both great.

Kind of realted to soundscapes stuff I've been checking out the london sound survey recently. loads of recordings of ambient noises around the city. Captivated me for hours just letting them all play through on Soundcloud. Not composed muic as such but almost as powerful as some great soundscape type ambient.

http://www.soundsurvey.org.uk/ - love the waterways map in particular

and

http://soundcloud.com/london-sound-survey

Is hemi-sync allowed here? But I really enjoy chilling out on dr Jeffrey thompson - Inner awakening. A bit new agey - but quickest stuff to put you in a state of calm bliss

Lots of Eno, Fripp and the like. Veeeeery nice and you can get it for £3 second hand for a double CD :Smile3:

I've never quite got into Eno, myself, at least not through listening to his more well-known stuff. Do you know of any obscure gems that I might not have come across? (best Eno I heard was one called Textures - really simple 'small space' ambient, not a million miles from Aphex's SAWII)

Will give this radio a check later! :chilling:

Also there's a bloody brilliant album out recently by Cory Allen + Steinbrüchel called Seam which is well worth checking out if you like this sort of stuff!

Yea there's something about that which just doesn't quite do it for me. Hard to put the finger on, I like a lot of stuff which really isn't that different. Hmmm dunno I'm probably just missing a few vital synapses or something :p

I've never quite got into Eno, myself, at least not through listening to his more well-known stuff. Do you know of any obscure gems that I might not have come across? (best Eno I heard was one called Textures - really simple 'small space' ambient, not a million miles from Aphex's SAWII)

One of my faves from the CD I mentioned...

This is also bloody special -

:Smile3:

I can't stop playing this when I need to drift out of my head for a while

not exactly 100% beatless but close enough

Back