Galloway's latest

I *love* George Galloway. He always has the courage to speak out. He's scary though. Wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of him...:blink:

Sparkle-ma said:
I *love* George Galloway. He always has the courage to speak out. He's scary though. Wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of him...:blink:

So you would agree that the insurgents in Iraq should be considered Martyrs fighting for a just cause?

Know any Iraqis?

Galloway said:
"It can be said, truly said, that the Iraqi resistance is not just defending Iraq. They are defending all the Arabs and they are defending all the people of the world against American hegemony."

Well said!

crikey said:
So you would agree that the insurgents in Iraq should be considered Martyrs fighting for a just cause?

having read the report and it is quite clear

george galloway has slated george bush and tony blair for an illegal invasion of iraq and has suggested that the iraqi's are fighting a foreign invader - cant see any problem there

he has also slated suicide bombers be it in the middle east or in london - nothing wrong there then

he has also been silly enough to suggest that bothe war on terror and the terrorists tactics/strategys are both wrong - well cant disagree with him there

so crikey whats your point if not just an argument for arguments sake?

dave arc-i said:
having read the report and it is quite clear

george galloway has slated george bush and tony blair for an illegal invasion of iraq and has suggested that the iraqi's are fighting a foreign invader - cant see any problem there

he has also slated suicide bombers be it in the middle east or in london - nothing wrong there then

he has also been silly enough to suggest that bothe war on terror and the terrorists tactics/strategys are both wrong - well cant disagree with him there

so crikey whats your point if not just an argument for arguments sake?

"They are defending all the Arabs and they are defending all the people of the world against American hegemony."

This to me demonstrates how little George cares about Iraqis. I am very anti-Iraq war but to suggest that the insurgents that are blowing up hundreds of innocent Iraqis everyday are defending me against American hegemony is insulting to the Iraqi people, who don't deserve to be used as pawns to suit somebody elses conflict.

"are writing the names of their cities and towns in the stars" - this to me shows a clear glamourisation of the insurgents whose actions are making the every day life of Iraqis intolerable.

I salute the man's indefatigability.

crikey said:
to suggest that the insurbents that are blowing hundred of innocent Iraqis everyday are defending me against American hegemony is insulting to the Iraqi people, who don't deserve to be used as pawns to suit somebody elses conflict.

Why is it insulting to them?
It is actually true.
Your freedom is threatened by US globalist policies, as much as theirs.
Just that the threat to you not quite so immediate.

whitedog said:
Why is it insulting to them?
It is actually true.
Your freedom is threatened by US globalist policies, as much as theirs.
Just that the threat to you not quite so immediate.

I do not wish to see hundreds of Iraqis die to protect me, thank you very much.

Again, do you know any Iraqis? I do, and they do not seem to share your opinion of Mr Galloway.

"Your freedom is threatened by US globalist policies, as much as theirs." - this sentence makes no sense to me, could you maybe please explain exactly how this is the case?

"They are defending all the Arabs and they are defending all the people of the world against American hegemony."

and IF the americans were on our streets pulling the same sort of shit wouldn't you be trying to defend what you saw as yours - of course you can conveniently forget that that there is now an internal struggle taking place between shia/shi-ite and kurds which is accounting for much of the civillian atrocities and that has been caused by a lack of stability following the invasion - now who does benefit from that situation?

anyway cant be bothered getting invovled in what is so obviously just a vehicle for you to get your jollies from...............i think you may have seen one of these before?

http://www.psy-forum.co.uk/psyforum_vb/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=19917

"He told Syrian Television: "Two of your beautiful daughters are in the hands of foreigners - Jerusalem and Baghdad.

"The foreigners are doing to your daughters as they will.

"The daughters are crying for help and the Arab world is silent. And some of them are collaborating with the rape of these two beautiful Arab daughters." "

That's a bit on the inflamatory side though eh? That's just stirring up trouble and not helping anyone if you ask me.

I know what he's trying to say, but that's using very emotive language, not stating the facts. just the kind of verbal tactics George B would use.

I agree with a lot of what George G says, but have to say - this comes across as a bit of an ego trip for the guy. It's worth remembering that George is a politician, just like the rest. He'll say to an audience whatever is likely to make him look good (IMHO anyhow).

dave arc-i said:
and IF the americans were on our streets pulling the same sort of shit wouldn't you be trying to defend what you saw as yours - of course you can conveniently forget that that there is now an internal struggle taking place between shia/shi-ite and kurds which is accounting for much of the civillian atrocities and that has been caused by a lack of stability following the invasion - now who does benefit from that situation?

anyway cant be bothered getting invovled in what is so obviously just a vehicle for you to get your jollies from...............i think you may have seen one of these before?

http://www.psy-forum.co.uk/psyforum_vb/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=19917

Why run away from debate? I do strive to be polite (unlike some others!) in my postings but pinning people down to specific debate seems to be impossible. I would like to debate this issue with you Dave (I guess you cannot now read this) - there is nothing wrong with disagreement - in fact it's healthy.

whitedog said:
So, crikey, answer my original question: Why is it insulting to the Iraqi people?

Sorry, I am busy at work and so cannot guarantee super fast posting.

'"This to me demonstrates how little George cares about Iraqis. I am very anti-Iraq war but to suggest that the insurgents that are blowing up hundreds of innocent Iraqis everyday are defending me against American hegemony is insulting to the Iraqi people, who don't deserve to be used as pawns to suit somebody elses conflict. "

This is why.

The people I know from Iraq do not live in Iraq - they are ethnic Shias and Kurds and were forced to leave the country during Sadams regime - one of the factors in their dislike of Mr Galloway.

crikey said:
Sorry, I am bust at work and so cannot guarantee super fast posting.

'"This to me demonstrates how little George cares about Iraqis. I am very anti-Iraq war but to suggest that the insurgents that are blowing up hundreds of innocent Iraqis everyday are defending me against American hegemony is insulting to the Iraqi people, who don't deserve to be used as pawns to suit somebody elses conflict. "

This is why.

The people I know from Iraq do not live in Iraq - they are ethnic Shias and Kurds and were forced to leave the country during Sadams regime - one of the factors in their dislike of Mr Galloway.

...so they don't like Mr. Galloway because they are dispossed?
And that is his fault?

Surely now that Iraq is once again a free and democratic society your friends should be somewhat more happy about the state of affairs there...

...and... why is what Mr. Galloway said insulting to the Iraqi people?

totally agree with what purusha said...

galloway is not to be trusted or held up as an example of a 'good' politician on 'our' side, the man's a publicity seeking extremist.

he has done and said some great things though (his meeting with the us congress was superb)

hmmm, i dont pretend to be in possession of all the facts, but surely much of the violence and bombing in iraq is between the warring factions in iraq who are now in a position to attack each other cos the reign of saddam hussein has now fallen? very little to do with defending the arab world from the americans...

purusha has already quoted it, but this:

Galloway said:
"Two of your beautiful daughters are in the hands of foreigners - Jerusalem and Baghdad.

"The foreigners are doing to your daughters as they will.

"The daughters are crying for help and the Arab world is silent. And some of them are collaborating with the rape of these two beautiful Arab daughters"

is inexcusible in the current climate in the middle east... that sort of statement makes him a twat in my opinion...

whitedog said:
...so they don't like Mr. Galloway because they are dispossed?
And that is his fault?

Surely now that Iraq is once again a free and democratic society your friends should be somewhat more happy about the state of affairs there...

...and... why is what Mr. Galloway said insulting to the Iraqi people?

George was famously appreciative of Sadam. This still riles with many of Sadams victims. I've told you why I find his comments insulting. Disagreeing with the war does not mean one has to agre with a self seeking, cynical politician like Mr Galloway.

evilwill said:
totally agree with what purusha said...

galloway is not to be trusted or held up as an example of a 'good' politician on 'our' side, the man's a publicity seeking extremist.

he has done and said some great things though (his meeting with the us congress was superb)

hmmm, i dont pretend to be in possession of all the facts, but surely much of the violence and bombing in iraq is between the warring factions in iraq who are now in a position to attack each other cos the reign of saddam hussein has now fallen? very little to do with defending the arab world from the americans...

purusha has already quoted it, but this:

is inexcusible in the current climate in the middle east... that sort of statement makes him a twat in my opinion...

I agree with the sentiment you express in this post.

I agree that his choice of words may be considered inflammatory, butr as far as i can see, it is the truth.

I think that Mr. Galloway was talking about the actions of the Iraqi Resistance http://www.albasrah.net/moqawama/english/iraqi_resistance.htm, actions aimed at US patrols, US supply convoys, and Iraqi police, who they see as collaborators, not the tribal in-fighting that has always been a part of life there....

crikey, i'm sorry, you still have not explained why his words are an insult to the Iraqi people.
What he is saying is that the US is bent on global domination, that the invasion of Iraq is simply a part of that, and anyone who fights against it is (ipso facto) fighting for the rights of free people everywhere, and i happen to agree with that.

whitedog said:
I agree that his choice of words may be considered inflammatory.

He knew damn well what he was saying there and used those words deliberately. He could have used much less emotive language, but chose not to.

He's potentially stirring up more trouble and causing more deaths.

What is his motive?

Back