Heresy – Top Ten Techno Tracks

SketchySteve

No Social Conscience
Reaction score
I have horrible confession to make, after 6 years of DJing just Psytrance I’ve started playing allot of Techno. The deep, funky dancy, stripped down nasty stuff :ismile:

I don’t if we’ve got many Techno heads on the forum but I guess this is one way of finding out.

Here is my current top ten –

1. Marco Carola - 1002 (Hertz Compressed Remix)

2. Martyn Hare - To The Grind

3. Huntemann - Discotech (Monika Kruse Remix)

4. Tube Tech – Kiss in the storm

5. Danilo Vigorito - Ride My Bike

6. Hertz and Johan Bacto- Teletaktikz

7. Paul Mac - Elvis Beat (Killa Edit)

8. Tom Hades - Avant Garde

9. Minus - Orange

10. Andreas Kremer - Machine Rampage (Mario Ranieri Remix)

Yeah - that is a very good track..

will come up with some more in a bit..

Steve! what's up man?

totally clueless about your tops though
but then again am listening to psy trance only

and am quite happy with it! :green:

why don't you make a mix with these then and post it somewhere here?

I played London acid techno for about 5 years before getting back into psy, and it remains my favorite form of techno. the modern stuff is less acidic, and has a structure that more closely matches trance. it mixes extremely well with modern psytrance. i wanted a style to combine with psy that was compatible in the mix, but i wanted to avoid UK Hardtrance and Hard House. enter London underground techno.

Check these labels:

Hydraulix
MaxMin
Cluster (still rocking)
WahWah
Skankadelic
Stay Up Forever
etc. etc.

aaagh cant think of all my best tracks, but hers some:

geezer - throw bricks at coppers
anne savage and sterling moss - face down
geezer and mr burns - funky monkey
????? - bad day at black frog creek
audio pancake - fuck goa,
and anything off of hydraulix records....

tekno tekno tekno.....

Thanks for the advice on the tracks/lables to look out for as i'm still pretty new to it, really wanna get my decks down to Brighton. I used to DJ psy trance on decks (when u could still get in on vinyl back in the day), think I would gte looked at funny for using CD decks heh

Ozric said:
Steve! what's up man?

totally clueless about your tops though
but then again am listening to psy trance only

and am quite happy with it! :green:

why don't you make a mix with these then and post it somewhere here?

Good idea mate, will post one up as soon as i'm happy with it, currently a 'work in progress'. Cant belive your only listening 2 psy trance though, u forgotten your metal roots?!?

SketchySteve said:
Good idea mate, will post one up as soon as i'm happy with it, currently a 'work in progress'. Cant belive your only listening 2 psy trance though, u forgotten your metal roots?!?

Oi Never!! :ilol:

what I meant that psy trance is my main doof doof listening, can bear with other forms of doof but psy trance is where my heart is :iwink:

I love techno infused psy ot breaks on my beats but pure techno or pure dnb don't work too well on me!

ehm Metal Up Your Arse :punk:

hope that settles it!:ibiggrin:

Yay - techno heads finally come out of the psy-forum woodwork!

Loads of wicked techno comin out all the time, especially the european stuff- Rhythm convert and Marco Baileys label - MB selektions. Anything by The Advent is always worth checkin, they are truly amazing.

I find techno much more fun to mix than psy, cos the tracks are so repetitive, they are much more useful as DJ tools and allow room 4 more creativity.

Not a major techno fan myself but a mate loves it, especially anything on the Tinrib label. Check out the CD Imintouchwithyourworld by Weirdo, also anything by Lab 4 rocks too.

i know little about techno really but i will second recommendations for:

- DDR
- The Geezer
- Roland the Bastard
- anything on hydraulix, stay up forever, cluster

i only really truly discovered techno at a headcharge in sheffield :Smile3: it is excellent fun to mix - challenging on a completely different level from psytrance, with scope for really inventive and original DJing.

i love london acid techno type stuff, dont know much about it now, but anything on stay up for ever is amazing - haven't listened to it for years, used to listen to it in equal measures of psy-trance when i first started listening to psy-trance. I tried to buy some SUF comps recently but couldn't find any - anyone know any?

dukas said:
I tried to buy some SUF comps recently but couldn't find any - anyone know any?

Good question Dukas:ibiggrin: Anyone know of any Techno on CD (Compilations or artist albums)?
I know Guy McCaffer ("Geezer") had an album out last year, there must be others out there.
It all seems to be vinyl.

Anyone heard any productions by PATRIK SKOOG? His tunes are awesone!!!

Ian Droid said:
Good question Dukas:ibiggrin: Anyone know of any Techno on CD (Compilations or artist albums)?
I know Guy McCaffer ("Geezer") had an album out last year, there must be others out there.
It all seems to be vinyl.

Anyone heard any productions by PATRIK SKOOG? His tunes are awesone!!!

Where hav u guys been 4 the last couple of years!!???

U wanna check all of Chris Liberators mix cds on TRust the DJ records, I think he's done 3 of em - number 2 is the best!

Also u should check Walk the dog mixed by Aaron Liberator on Smitten Records

DJ preach has just put out a Mix cd 2 don't know what its called and if u want Patrik Skoog he's done a wkd remix 4 a guy I know in Bristol on TCP records which u should be able to get from www.chemicalrecords.co.uk - they also sell psy, but lots more tekno!

:ibiggrin:

Mr. Droid - seein as ur only down the road, u should deffo come to the Primitive/Spectrum Night on MArch 11th in Bristol - Psy and techno all under one roof + only a £5!

U will definitly hear some quality techno + psy 4 that matter

If u need anymore info then check the UK party listings

C u there!

:ibiggrin:

*goes off to check party threads*

Oooh, sounds interesting! Right up my street:icool:

With the CD questions, I think we were meaning (well I was anyway) UNmixed artists albums/compilations etc, rather than actual mixes. I've never seen any, well appart from Guy McCaffer's album. Techno seems to be all vinyl...

Back