pc building probs=head+brick wall

Well - it sounds like you've either hosed the partition table on the hardrive or the hard drive is defective. Try the hard drive diagnostics form the makers websites or just zero write the beggar and start again. I like Samsungs Clearhdd for this - stick it on ya boot floppy and boot to it and run. Simple way to zero write the partition table and start afresh providing the hard drive itself cool.

SteveJ... said:
Well - it sounds like you've either hosed the partition table on the hardrive or the hard drive is defective. Try the hard drive diagnostics form the makers websites or just zero write the beggar and start again. I like Samsungs Clearhdd for this - stick it on ya boot floppy and boot to it and run. Simple way to zero write the partition table and start afresh providing the hard drive itself cool.

YAY! thats done it! thanks man, i didnt even think of going to the manufacturers website :iredface: its a maxtor drive so i downloaded maxblast, which sorted it in 5 minutes flat! im now doing a fresh install of xp and feeling rather euphoric

:irofl: once again thanks for all you help everyone, time to make some kick ass killaaaargh tunes!

Back