Pumping basses

But what you actually using to make the initial sound, before you compress it?
Start at the beginning...
I may use a typical plugins as serum for example and then with the compressor i may try to achieve that pump you can give the KICK when using the proper MS but i try to do it in the bass but im really not sure if thats it

This sort of thing. Or this...

Thanks Bez very usefull plugin but the effect im talking about is not about the sidechaining itself......allthough the volumeshaper is very nice

OK, nitty-gritty stuff for Serum:

Yo im not going to watch the whole video at the moment but making a general review on it i figured it may even be the fact that he is using the lfos to shape the envelopes instead of the classic envelopes on the vst but whether or not he achieves the same bass with the track or just typical good basses ill find out by watching the whole video another day

I dunno. Watch the video :lol:

I've not made psytrance for years, and until recently was still using windows 7 with Cubase 6.5 so 32 bit compatibility wasn't a issue. I'm sure there's other tools that'll work with your set up, so if you can figure out what the tool in the video is doing, maybe you can find something that does similar that's native to 64 bit.

My DAW is happy with both 32 or 64 bit plugins. If yours doesn't, then maybe you're using the wrong one?
No my DAW is not the wrong one....and as far as i know 32bit is not supported anymore by many daws...which DAW would be considered a wrong one anyway lol

No my DAW is not the wrong one....and as far as i know 32bit is not supported anymore by many daws...which DAW would be considered a wrong one anyway lol
The right DAW is the one you get on with, of course, but if it supports legacy plugins, then that's a proper bonus.
There is no excuse for not supporting them really, unless your name is Steinberg and you are dead set on making people pay to upgrade.
I still use several 32 bit plugins, and really don't need to think about it.

Back