Top 10 Top 10 Classic Parties you have been to

lurk said:
... i was wondering what happened to Yaz & Lol, any idea?

Lol got really disillusioned with the whole thing and moved back to Oz in about 1998/9; he got quite depressed towards the end of his time in the UK. I don't know what Yaz is doing but last I heard she was involved in some web radio station or other.

Colin OOOD said:
Was that the Alexander Shulgin benefit party? If so, somewhere in the OOOD archives I've got that set on video, would you believe.
That was the one, would love to see the footage of that someday :iyes:

spacebunni said:
Messmedia NYES had the most intense acid trip iver ever had, great tune , great people, great acid, everything was perfect

t'was a bit of awright wasn't it.......one of the best Midnight experiences I've ever had, was such a privalige :iyes:

lurk said:
me too! and i also know ronan, chris & jason c who were three of the organisers, and i bet they'd love to see it as well :Grin:
Good ole Jason, don't forget John B :ibiggrin:

in no order whatsoever,

1) Hallucinogen @ leeds megadog (long ago)

2) Hallucinogen @ escape from samsara (also long ago)

3) Voov 2004

4) Kaboodle 1 & 2

5) Omni 2005 (i had a good time :o) )

6) any llangurig party

7) RTTS @ Brixton Academy (the one with green nuns & tsuyoshi)

8) Glade (first one, dancing in the sun)

9) LGP (first one in the wood, long road trip after ToF got busted and we drove over via stonehenge)

10) erm winter solstice in cairns in four weeks (hopefully)

Colin OOOD said:
We what? Fuuck I don't remember that at all... please remind me more! This is Bagman Dan's room we played in, yes? Was it live or DJ? Did Nigel behave himself? Do I know you under another name? Have we already had this conversation?

I'm not sure if you were there, tbh, or whether it was just Nigel. Was there a third member of OOOD? An engineer guy, as I remember? I think he was there. It was live, but without as much equipment as OOOD had when they played Baraka (at around the same time - c. 2000). Nigel was OK, I think. He's only been really weird once in my presence - at Mark Jodha's house in NW London, when he'd been on the cider, we were all on acid, and Nigel wouldn't shut up about Aleister Crowley...

It was in LSDan's room - Bagman Dan is (I think) Dan Krollman - Sean's brother - while the Dan I'm referring to is Dan Wheatley (also involved in Baraka).

The room was at the front of the house on the top floor, lit by UV, with white sheets hanging from the ceiling. The party was special for me not just due to OOOD's presence but also cos we had built a fantastic canopy in the garden that was filled with UV fish - and I ended up being awake for my longest time ever (something like 85 hours...!). So much fun.

You've met me DJing in the front room at Baraka; I don't think we've had this conversation before though.

can i include all form of parties then, clubs too? :P

my favourites are:

Glade 2004 & 2005, and also Boom 2004 when it comes to festivals :Grin: On ahnd Unity Day Festivals in Leeds 2001-2005 :Grin:

Eva & James at Pressure, 1999 the night before millenium nye in Seattle - class. The best dnb night i have ever been too.

Sundissential 2001-2002 - Evolution in Leeds - never had THAT much FUN :P

Base @Space in Leeds - 2001 - 2003 - best mid week club night ever

Tribe of Frog at the Rocket 2004

psy night in a disused coffee shop in Wallingford, Seattle 1999

Vibealite hardcore rulz :ilol: - Bradford 2002

All the Elations, London 2002 - 2004

and the list goes on.. ill stop there, i am sure i have missed out a few though.. heh - yeay good memories -

when it comes to outdoor parties - i have been to a few... but still none of em will come to my top 10... i am just weird :Wink3:

tripowski said:
I'm not sure if you were there, tbh, or whether it was just Nigel. Was there a third member of OOOD? An engineer guy, as I remember? I think he was there. It was live, but without as much equipment as OOOD had when they played Baraka (at around the same time - c. 2000). Nigel was OK, I think. He's only been really weird once in my presence - at Mark Jodha's house in NW London, when he'd been on the cider, we were all on acid, and Nigel wouldn't shut up about Aleister Crowley...
It's starting to ring a vague bell. OOOD at the time was three people, me Steve and Nigel. Nigel is an electronics engineer by trade, so maybe that's who you meant? I'm glad you've not had too much exposure to the World of Nige... apparently his grandmother was one of Crowley's 'consorts', and whether or not this is true the combination of alcohol and - well I was going to say drugs but that's far too specific; let's just say a combination of alcohol and breathing - brings out what I call Evil Nige...

The room was at the front of the house on the top floor, lit by UV, with white sheets hanging from the ceiling. The party was special for me not just due to OOOD's presence but also cos we had built a fantastic canopy in the garden that was filled with UV fish - and I ended up being awake for my longest time ever (something like 85 hours...!). So much fun.
Like I said, it rings a very big bell; I remember not wanting to take all our kit to a house party somewhere in the event that it got busted or something got nicked. Whatever, I'm very glad we helped make your party a good one! :Grin:

my first 9 are all outdoors, in no particular order:

(1)Sunrise Festy on one of the most beautiful beaches in Mauritius.

(2) Little Green Planet 2004

(3) Gauteque party in Trent Park as it was right in the middle of the park where my uni was situated, summer 2004.

(4) Samothraki 2002, I cooked pancakes for 12 hungry peeps on the last day of the festy on the beach. I was happy to sort out a few among the thousands of starved people. I remember the lack of food stalls, but the abundance of unused kitchen equipment.

(5) Crystal Fields January party in 2003 ( fun memories, where someone gave me a hint to check a certain pie forum on the net).

(6) Amsterdam, June 2005, insane psychedelia on the roof of a 10 storey building, Telecom.

(7) Rome, March 2003. After losing all pocket money and passport, managed to find a free party in a 5 floor parking lot.

(8) Gnomelands 2, defo will be there for the Trilogy.

(9) Mindscapes 1999, my first ever party when I was 17.

(10) Kaos in SE1, because of the unmatched-until-today lineup that night!

- infected mushroom 1st uk gig @ enlightment, tyssen st, london

Does anyone remember any more details about this party? I'm convinced me and Kate went, but my memory is shaky, and Kate doesn't recall it at all :Meeting:
Who else was on the line up? When was it?
My sparse memories were that it was thoroughly going off, I met Lorian from Chaos Unlimited in real life for the first time, and I've no idea who else we were there with. Good times, probably!

Does anyone remember any more details about this party? I'm convinced me and Kate went, but my memory is shaky, and Kate doesn't recall it at all :Meeting:
Who else was on the line up? When was it?

Dont think I was there - Probs before my time.

On the topic of "can anyone remember" ...
...what was the party in London that I bumped in to you at... where X-Dream were playing a live "retro" set.

(God... isn't it scary when a "revival" set seems retro. .. so the original was double retro!) :/

4) Kaboodle 1 & 2

Bangers for days.

My B2B set with @bez23 is STILL in my top memories ever.

6) any llangurig party

BANGERS.
That 6 stack surround sound Mackie system, at Cosmic Stuff, was insane.
At the time, I don't think i'd ever heard anything like it.
Having Monkey Puzzle, and yourself there, was icing on the cake!

8) Glade (first one, dancing in the sun)

MAYBE it was 2nd one...but Sonkite and James Munro on the Sunday... FTMFW

That was probs the best Sunday of dancing i've ever had.

9) LGP (first one in the wood, long road trip after ToF got busted and we drove over via stonehenge)

Oooo... that was a good one.
....despite the stressful drive (for you)
#RedVanOfDoom
....wish someone had told me to bother my arse and learn to drive earlier than I did lol ...could have spread the load of some of that marathon!

@Biggins..
For the memory bank...

Kaboodle -

10522750_10152288659023099_1627914255482692325_n.jpg

10462741_10152288728043099_3245952814951854207_n.jpg

10377430_10152288658713099_8930223038251187121_n.jpg

LLANGURIG..(not Cosmic Stuff... the one we did after that, when it rained, predictably, for a million days)
10553423_10152288659168099_8085533584757956953_n.jpg

In my top list...
I dunno...

The free party/ festival that we (Strange Daze) did with Inverted and Secret-Circuit, has to be up there...

10516708_10152288650363099_906145851967763190_n.jpg

I think the party that we did ....in a bridge...going over the main road leading in to Manchester.. was a stroke of genius too.
So weird still going, with commuters underneath you, sat in traffic haha...

10462915_10152288729693099_8972973017200060270_n.jpg

Back